Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the part number(s) is for the hood scoop to air box connection from the 2017 392 T/A? I'd like to use this set up on my 2016 SRT 392.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
Also definitely interested in this!!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Interesting. Nice setup. I am watching this thread.
Post up whether you like the upgrade.
Tom.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
485 Posts
We will likely be paying a fortune for a pound of plastic. Hoping for at least a bit of sanity in the pricing.

·
Premium Member
2016 SRT
458 Posts
I don't know about a fortune. Other takeoff mods like the Hellcat Airbox mod have not been too crazy. This will be more than just the inlet duct tho. To make it complete you'll need the CAI for the right seal to the hood and the headlight tubes for the full effect. I'm guessing 600 bucks for everything.
Also I don't think this is gonna work with a Hellcat hood. Looks like the drivers side extractor vent would be blocked.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Also waiting for any updates.

Does anyone know if this will bolt on to the standard SRT hood? It should, but this is a year newer and you never know if they've changed the SRT hood to accommodate this duct?

·
Registered
380 Posts
is there any info/data on whether or not this will outperform/outflow the hellcat air box and filter?

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
no pricing and no eta, and when we pushed the issue we were told that no supplier had been established yet
best guess will be a while
Luke

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
is there any info/data on whether or not this will outperform/outflow the hellcat air box and filter?
no, but the fact the size is much greater would lead to believe the amount of ambient air supplied will be greater there forth, a much better greater benefit

the colder the air and the more there is, the better the engine will perform

Luke

·
Vendor
12,392 Posts
correct no piece meal, no availability and no pricing for any of it....
Luke

ps, by now people should know us well enough, that has soon as something is available we will be telling every body>:)

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
no, but the fact the size is much greater would lead to believe the amount of ambient air supplied will be greater there forth, a much better greater benefit

Luke
bigger filter=more surface area=less of a pressure drop across the filter=easier breathing, easier revving, more H.P. maybe only 1 or 2.

·
Registered
213 Posts
correct no piece meal, no availability and no pricing for any of it....
Luke

ps, by now people should know us well enough, that has soon as something is available we will be telling every body>:)

Excellent. Look forward to that info.

Hope no one stuffs a chicken in the duct between now and then.:grin2:

·
Registered
380 Posts

Luke
Thanks for the info. I noticed there's a top piece that directs air from the SRT hood scoop to the air filter. Will this work on current SRT hoods or will there be a separate hood? I plan on replacing my Scat Pack's hood with the SRT version

1 - 20 of 78 Posts