Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 R/T Auto. I broke a tab off the chrome plastic trim piece that goes around the shifter in the console. I was taking it out to adjust my Hurst Comp Auto Shifter and my gorilla hands got the best of my attempt.

Anyone know the part number to this plastic trim piece so I can simply order it online for less?

Eric

·
Premium Member
549 Posts
The number I found for this part is 1GA35SZ6AA. This is from the 2008 parts book, but I think it's the same through 2010.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why did you have to make an adjustment? Did something move when you were installing the Hurst shifter?
Twice have had to take it apart to adjust the bend in the oem plastic slide surrounding the shifter shaft as it started to hang up on the bottom of the hurst plate. Seems weather related as if has been our two coldest days and the plastic is very rigid then when I first get in the car. These kits are well known for this but I really have not had much of a problem.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have seen the installation instructions on the Jeg's website. There seems to be a change in the kit. The original instructions don't show a slider plate in the parts list. The new literature is showing a slider plate and I haven't seen instructions on how that slider plate goes in. Maybe they have cured your problem. I was wondering how that would work for very long without binding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have seen the installation instructions on the Jeg's website. There seems to be a change in the kit. The original instructions don't show a slider plate in the parts list. The new literature is showing a slider plate and I haven't seen instructions on how that slider plate goes in. Maybe they have cured your problem. I was wondering how that would work for very long without binding.
Actually my kit is only a couple months old and it came with that slider plate. I didn't want to install it at first as I didn't want to tear apart the console that much. Once I figured out a month later and a ton of hangups later that the top of the console just pops off easy i installed it. It's completely unusable without that slider plate in the rear and its really easy to install.

My hangup problem which again only seems to be minor and ONLY when it gets artic like here is in the front where there isn't anyplace for them to put a similar slider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts