Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a good aftermarket parts installer near Nacogdoches, Texas (CAI, Exhaust, other things that might involve welding or things that you may need good, quality experience in)? I go to school at SFA and plan on getting some things done that I dont feel comfortable doing at a place like Ed's muffler shop. Not dissing him in any way, but I feel like I want to do things like that at an accredited place. I would go back to Houston where I'm from, but if there is something in this area (Lufkin, maybe even Tyler or Longview) it could save me the drive. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If ED can't hang a set of pipes he does not need to be in business. There is nothing to changing out your exhaust other than getting to it. A lift helps. CAI - a few clamps and bolts - changed. The dealer can also do what ED does.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If ED can't hang a set of pipes he does not need to be in business. There is nothing to changing out your exhaust other than getting to it. A lift helps. CAI - a few clamps and bolts - changed. The dealer can also do what ED does.
Understood, but I dont know if they warranty their work. I guess I need to look into him more (Ive had 2 friends work with him and they havent had problems). They also have big trucks that are older and dont care about their warranties like I do. Thanks for the help. Maybe someone else will see this and know of a place in Lufkin or something

·
Registered
132 Posts
Dude sorry if you can't do a CAI dont even bother with modding your car seriously..
Exhaust OK if your welding something in but a CAI save yourself A heap of money and do it yourself. Total time 30min to 1 hour

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dude sorry if you can't do a CAI dont even bother with modding your car seriously..
Exhaust OK if your welding something in but a CAI save yourself A heap of money and do it yourself. Total time 30min to 1 hour
Everyone in this forum isnt good with engines, or parts for that matter. I didnt grow up around ppl who worked on cars. I love cars, just dont know much about engine components. I wish I knew more. With that said, I dont know how to install one. If I was given instructions or directions on how to I would try, but I doubt my CAI will come with one. I can ask around and see if friends might know how, but not knowing how to do something like that isnt odd. As a matter of fact, you would be in the minority.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cai comes with instructions. My buddies k&n cai came with instructions AND pictures
Might save some cash and do a drop-in filter in your stock box. I've seen posts saying some have gotten same results as cai, for a 1/4 of the price. Put the extra cash into another mod.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Cai comes with instructions. My buddies k&n cai came with instructions AND pictures
Might save some cash and do a drop-in filter in your stock box. I've seen posts saying some have gotten same results as cai, for a 1/4 of the price. Put the extra cash into another mod.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Everyone in this forum isnt good with engines, or parts for that matter. I didnt grow up around ppl who worked on cars. I love cars, just dont know much about engine components. I wish I knew more. With that said, I dont know how to install one. If I was given instructions or directions on how to I would try, but I doubt my CAI will come with one. I can ask around and see if friends might know how, but not knowing how to do something like that isnt odd. As a matter of fact, you would be in the minority.
Sorry man even my girl knows how put in a CAI... but I digress

Dude this is your chance to learn man. But at the same time you have to know what effects different things are going to do to your car. You have to know if it is working right or not. Sometimes simple things can cause major things to happen. Granted that prolly wont happen with a simple CAI and exhaust but Ive seen stranger things happen with people who do know and dont take the time to learn before doing anything.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cox muffler in Lufkin used to be good when I lived there years ago. Ed did the exhaust on my Jeep and it's still holding up well 10 years later. The CAI is really easy. Anyone can do that, just take your time and follow the instructions. If you run into any issues post up and I'm sure someone can walk you through anything!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I bought a custom carbon fiber CAI, but it had no instructions. I had done one before, so I figured it out. The only hard part was getting the IAT sensor out of the old one.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cox muffler in Lufkin used to be good when I lived there years ago. Ed did the exhaust on my Jeep and it's still holding up well 10 years later. The CAI is really easy. Anyone can do that, just take your time and follow the instructions. If you run into any issues post up and I'm sure someone can walk you through anything!
Yea I think I'm gonna go this route

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

1 - 11 of 11 Posts