Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Passenger Door Latch - Window Issue - Plug Question

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Shane Chaffer 
#1 ·
Hello all,

2010 R/T Classic.

My window was doing the up/down by itself thing and draining my battery. I've researched that the most likely culprit is the passenger door latch and I ordered the part. Here is my question: what does the bottom electrical plug on the latch itself do? If I unplug that... the window doesn't act possessed and my battery doesn't drain... but all of the window functions still work properly including the window drop when you open the door and raise when you close it, the locks and window controls from both sides of the car. All switches still work. When I unplug the top connection... no window functions work however the window still does it's acting up thing. I'm confused. What does that plug/switch actually do? Photos attached. The connection and switch in question is the bottom white one.

Thank you,
Shane
Wood Gas Auto part Metal Automotive tire
Gas Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Asphalt Vehicle door
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Vehicle door

See less See more
#6 ·
I believe it's just the 2 pin connector I posted. I don't see 4 pins in his picture

A Guy

#7 ·
It's the 2 pin connector, however the connection isn't the problem. THAT is the confusing part... when it isn't connected I have no problems and EVERYTHING works. But when it's plugged in, my window does the phantom window drop and back up on its own. When I unplug the connection in the attached picture, all of my problems disappear and everything works properly. What is this part? lol. I ordered a new latch but they sent me the wrong side. Can I just replace this specific part? And what is it? lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.