Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed last week that the passenger side door speaker is rattling, as if it's blown, I do play music loud, especially from my phone, and in my quick searches, I've only found a couple hits about a door speaker blown, so imagine it's not typical for the stock radio/ speaker combo. I do want to confirm that the factory speakers are 4 ohm, although I'm hearing 2 ohm with little clarification, I don't want to open the door panel to look, unless I have to, but I'm going to buy new 6x9's and found the 4 ohm, 3 way kickers at a good price for 65.00 delivered.

I am not going to update hu or add an amp. So I'd love to hear from the stock factory radio people for the ohm's rating or those who know definitively,
Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a follow up for anyone who stumbles on this topic, the factory radio output for the SXT is 4 ohm..,.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
I'd wait until the audiophiles chime in, but I don't think you want a three-way speaker in the door since only mid-bass gets sent there.

Reactions: RogerNapalm

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 3 way is working fine and has all the "improved" sound I need, even at higher volume levels.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure which answer you want to hear!? Kicker has good bass, It's felt!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts