Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I previously had a 2014 RT (5.7 liter). To reset the PCM, I did the "pull fuse #2 " trick.
I just traded up, to the 2105 RT (6.4 liter) Scat Pack.
Does anyone know which fuse or how to achieve the PCM reset on this car?

thanks AJ

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wonder it would be ok to do both ? 29 & 31. Will disconnecting the batter have any other adverse affects, like resetting the clock or other undesirable things ?

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, what a pain though!..so Just the positive post, Just the negative post? or both?
Thanks James

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Ok, what a pain though!..so Just the positive post, Just the negative post? or both?
Thanks James

I did mine after installing a CAI and exhaust change. I just disconnected the + or hot for about 5 mine. I don't think I even had to reset my clock.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You changed the exhaust on a 2015 RT Scat pack?,,,,with the 6.4.L? These some with an active exhaust, I can't imagine what you replaced it with ?

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
You changed the exhaust on a 2015 RT Scat pack?,,,,with the 6.4.L? These some with an active exhaust, I can't imagine what you replaced it with ?
Mine is an SRT with the 6.4.

All I did was straight pipe the mufflers, left the resonators with active exhaust alone.

Just wanted more volume believe it or not. Got it too and without irritating drone!! Cost $60.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
1 Posts
Did you delete the ones in the center of the car or the far back ones? Your car sounds awesome!

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Did you delete the ones in the center of the car or the far back ones? Your car sounds awesome!
The mufflers are the ones in the center of the car and the resonators are the ones right in front of the exhaust tips. I straight piped where the mufflers were.

Thanks, I love it too and know of 4 others that have done it also. Only one said it was a little too loud for him, the rest love it and the cost savings because they were all looking at expensive cat back systems. They said not no more:thumbsup:

Reactions: BDCMPNY

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Once the muffler is removed, you simply replace it with a Straight pipe, correct?
This would be a 2.75" diameter pipe? Did it require any bending or turns to fit in?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat Challenger
2,380 Posts
Once the muffler is removed, you simply replace it with a Straight pipe, correct?
This would be a 2.75" diameter pipe? Did it require any bending or turns to fit in?
Thanks
Yep, just straight pipe. I thought it was 2.5" but really not sure about that. There are some very minor bends but very easy for any muffler shop. I used stainless pip which is what's on the car best I remember.

Attachments

Reactions: BDCMPNY

·
Registered
34 Posts
2015 Challenger R/T

Any news on what number fuse it is yet?

I have definitely lost power. WOT isn't what it was when I first picked her up. I just hit 14,500 miles so I know she is broken in. It used to push me into my seat... maybe I'm just getting used to it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
2015 Challenger R/T

Any news on what number fuse it is yet?

I have definitely lost power. WOT isn't what it was when I first picked her up. I just hit 14,500 miles so I know she is broken in. It used to push me into my seat... maybe I'm just getting used to it. Thanks in advance.

I have the 2015 RT Scat Pack...for me, pulling fuse 31...waiting a minute...then putting it back in, really did the trick. Try it and let me know!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts