Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all;

I had my PCM unlocked with Diablosport a few years ago (2015). If I install the stock tune back on it, can HP tuners reconize the PCM, even though HP didn't unlock it? Anyone have experience going from Diablosport email tune to an HP tuners tune?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yup

I went through this same thing. Up to 16 or 17 I had no issues neither did my tuner using HP tuners.

I even went as far as to call HP and Diablo directly.

Diablo could not confirm nor deny

Hp said it's no problem and actually turned me away from paying for another ecu unlock

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
AFAIK the PCM is encrypted in these year models, and so the unlock process is just a matter of decrypting it, thereby allowing modifications.

It should make no difference who does the decryption, once it’s decrypted, it can be modified by any tuner with that functionality

Reactions: Rob446

·
Registered
718 Posts
Once unlocked either tuning platforms can be used on 15-17 cars . 18 up would need to be unlocked again by the platform you switch to .

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
Once unlocked either tuning platforms can be used on 15-17 cars . 18 up would need to be unlocked again by the platform you switch to .
interesting...it’s almost as if FCA doesn’t want anyone messing with their PCMs. Y’all better knock it off! 🤣

Reactions: White R/T
1 - 5 of 5 Posts