Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found this link.
moparts: DESTROYED SRT-8 CHALLENGER

Driver was seriously injured,(Back injury) but survived the 5 time rollover.
It could have been worse.
He alledegedly hit a patch of black ice on a country road going 80 KM/H.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the owner is a member here,I hope and pray for a smooth recovery.
Sorry to hear about the car.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Hate seeing pictures like that. Wishing "all the best" to the driver. Black ice sucks .......... by the time you know you're on it, it's too late.

Good to see you're still around, Cbarge!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Hate seeing pictures like that. Wishing "all the best" to the driver. Black ice sucks .......... by the time you know you're on it, it's too late.

Good to see you're still around, Cbarge!
X2

I think that SRT8 is well beyond the point of no return. Hope the driver's okay. I wondering if the moral here is don't attempt to drive these cars in inclement (really bad) weather? In other words, if you have another vehicle take it instead. Food for thought!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
X2

I think that SRT8 is well beyond the point of no return. Hope the driver's okay. I wondering if the moral here is don't attempt to drive these cars in inclement (really bad) weather? In other words, if you have another vehicle take it instead. Food for thought!
I don't think the outcome would have been any different if the driver would have been in any other car.

Hope the driver recovers.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
First off, I hope the driver makes a full recovery

Second, no tire is good on ice.

Third, I wonder how much Fix a Dent would charge for that.

·
Premium Member
2011, Mean Green Machine
2,049 Posts
Man that is Brutal! Hoping the driver is making a good recovery. Prayer sent.

Sorry to see that SRT totalled.............:disgust:......

·
Registered
318 Posts
WTF!!!!!!!, if you have enough money to have one of these cars you have enough money to drive a hoopti for poor weather and as a beater. I have a 97 Honda accord as a dailer driver that was my fiancee's, her ex-boyfriend was a DA and put it thru utter hell, the driver side has had something drug down it hard, the rear bumper is cracked, the windshield is cracked, but its a DD, its a 5 speed so its fun to drive I dog the crap out if, and when I take it to town nobody wants to steal anything out of it cause it looks like a methmobile, then there is my challenger in my garage nice and dry. If I wreck it, thats one thing, but to take out in bad weather is almost like asking for it, no offense. I hope this feller is alright, its just hard for me to use this car as a daily driver its too nice as campared to a camaro or mustang, I came up po and all so... I'm going to baby mine, but heck a tree could fall on my garage and end that.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Best wishes hope for fast recovery

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,794 Posts
First off, I hope the driver makes a full recovery

Second, no tire is good on ice.

Third, I wonder how much Fix a Dent would charge for that.
With F1 tires you don't even need ice for them to get slippery. Just add cold weather and they will slide just fine on their own. Hitting ice with them would be a disaster. There's a reason why they're called three season tires.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hope the driver is recovering from the horrendous crash. Black ice is not usually visible. You know it when you hit it. Any car and any driver can be victim. So in this crappy winter when the snow melts during the day and freezes at night be real careful cause you'll never know where and when it will takes it bite out of you. Be safe and be sure the seatbelts are used. Airbags alone are not as effective as when combined with the seatbelts. Drive with this in mind until all the snow is gone and there is no further chance of a refreeze or just plain freeze.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts