Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets say you have a Srt8 PCP and were considering trading for a Srt8 GWE.would you do it?

Lets see some votes.

·
Registered
255 Posts
NO. Lets say you have a 2010 PCP R/T Classic would you buy a GWE 2011 R/T Classic?
Mike

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a PCP R/T and wouldn't trade it for a GWE R/T. It's a nice color but I prefer PCP to it.

Plum Crazy vs. Sublime Green would be a much, much harder decision to make. When I was running out of options on locating a PCP for sale, I very seriously considered buying a used Brilliant Black Challenger and having it repainted in Sublime Green.

Ultimately, I don't think I'd be willing to take the kick in the pants over depreciation.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,818 Posts
I'd have to see them side by side for comparison and know what kind of trade in loss was involved. I think the new 392 offers quite a bit more and has a better engine so I might be tempted. I won't be trading in my PCP Classic but would like to add a 392 SRT. If GWE was Sublime, I'd have been to the dealer already.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
its alot more than color....its the 392

the color is secondary...both are cool...if money isnt an issue then id choose a 392GWE over a PCP6.1

dont just get it because of the color...your PCP is more limited(atleast so far)

·
Registered
276 Posts
PCP over GWE all day.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
GWE is a nice color but PCP buries it.

·
Banned
557 Posts
As some noted, it's more than color. You get the 392 if you get GWE, which is preferable. However, if I ignore engine specs, I'd keep PCP. Now if a true sublime green was available, I'd take the sublime. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
276 Posts
As some noted, it's more than color. You get the 392 if you get GWE, which is preferable. However, if I ignore engine specs, I'd keep PCP. Now if a true sublime green was available, I'd take the sublime. :thumbsup:
Agreed. If you ignore the engines (which I do) then PCP all day, but if it was Sublime, then sublime for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
If you haven't modded the PCP 6.1, I can understand the temptation to go for the GWE 392. I'm trying to figure how to get a GWE 392 and keep my HO 445. :scratchhead:
I must be outta my mind! :notallthere: :cowtounge: :pimp:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The motor is no big deal to me,I can mod the crap out of the 6.1.its more of a color thing and the limited number of the PCP.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
It might help if we knew the production numbers on the PCP to see just how many were built. I wonder of Dodge will ever release that kind of data...

·
Registered
483 Posts
The motor is no big deal to me,I can mod the crap out of the 6.1.its more of a color thing and the limited number of the PCP.
Sounds to me like you've answered your own question. Though it's more than just a motor change for 2011...........

For me it was an easy decision to sell my HO 2009 SRT-8 for a 2011 GWE SRT-8. Green was what I have wanted since they unveiled the concept car, and orange was just a contingency plan in case they didn't get to green.

Only you can decide what will make you smile every time you head for your garage. Who gives a $#it what we think?:guiness:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
you can paint any car PCP or GWE as cheaply as you can mod a 6.1 to match the 6.4 performance..

everything is updated on the 2011....you cant compare the car mechanically GWE to PCP.....does anyone buy a Challenger that doesnt care about power?

why not just paint your PCP to GWE if the motor doesnt matter? because of the trade in loss you will probably save $8,000 by doing so

sounds like comparing the 2010 to a 2011 is like apples to oranges....mechanically its not the same car anymore....it doesnt make sense that the 392 isnt the main thing to consider

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Im just saying the engine is a easy mod.a repaint would not be the answer for me.there is some small changes,but it is really the same car.other than the engine of coarse and the steering changes,and cosmetic stuff,its not like it is a rebodied car like the charger.I cant wait to see the green in person.I do wish they would of went with the sublime instead,but we will see.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I will never get rid of my PCP. I have been trying since Jan 31 to order a GWE R/T Classic. No luck so far? WTH!!!
Mike

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
you can paint any car PCP or GWE as cheaply as you can mod a 6.1 to match the 6.4 performance..

everything is updated on the 2011....you cant compare the car mechanically GWE to PCP.....does anyone buy a Challenger that doesnt care about power?

why not just paint your PCP to GWE if the motor doesnt matter? because of the trade in loss you will probably save $8,000 by doing so

sounds like comparing the 2010 to a 2011 is like apples to oranges....mechanically its not the same car anymore....it doesnt make sense that the 392 isnt the main thing to consider
Well if production and sales are an indication 25+% of Challenger owners are not making power output the top thing to consider...just saying

·
Banned
484 Posts
I thought about this for a few minutes too. It is very tempting, the GWE is awsome. But ive got to much in the PCP to take the hit. Would make more sense to trade my truck for one. Oh $hit here we go

It might help if we knew the production numbers on the PCP to see just how many were built. I wonder of Dodge will ever release that kind of data...

This is off another fourum from Yesterday. And this site is ran by a fourm member here. I think its preatty accurate, if so PCP SRT numbers are real low.

http://www.plumcrazychallenger.com/
Actual final PCP production Nov09 thru Feb'10 as verified thru SRT & Motorsports Communications Department: 2010 Plum Crazy Challengers: 1,398 (R/T) and 939 (SRT8) = 2,337. The numbers for Canadian Plum Crazy Classic R/T's (PHG 5.7L) are : Manual 71 units, Automatic 126 .. Total of 197

1 - 20 of 45 Posts