Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just messing around and modded my PCV breather...

Attachments

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
274 Posts
Looks good, can I ask you how did you did this mod. Wasn't able to see it clearly on my tablet. Let me know, if you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
How did you plug the hole in your cold air intake?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really simple and easy to change up angle breather to what ever suits you. I just used a firm tubing that had a 90 degree bend. Cut it to desired length , used a screw tightened band on crank side and just pushed on the filter side ( I didn't use a band on filter end not wanting to add more weight to it ). The engine cover has a indent molded in it where it sticks out. The hole in the intake tubing was "capped" with a rubber cap just put directly over the fitting. As I said it's super easy and changeable.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Did mine with steel braided #10

I just changed mine to a Speedlogix CAI unit and I just deleted the 90 deg. hose and changed it to a real steel braided 8" piece of #10 straight line that goes out about 2 inches from that indent of the cover, looks trick and I'm waiting for the Magna Clamp from Jegs to come in so I can finish out the look that I'm looking for, I also dropped off my fuel rail unit to have the ugly black hose replaced with a steel braid unit that I was told by Dodge and another vendor that it could not be done and yet I will pick it up today! There is more than one way to skin a cat............

David

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just changed mine to a Speedlogix unit and I just deleted the 90 deg. hose and changed it to a real steel braided 8" piece of #10 straight line that goes out about 2 inches from that indent of the cover, looks trick and I'm waiting for the Magna Clamp from Jegs to come in so I can finish out the look that I'm looking for, I also dropped off my fuel rail unit to have the ugly black hose replaced with a steel braid unit that I was told by Dodge and another vendor that it could not be done and yet I will pick it up today! There is more than one way to skin a cat............

David
Post some pictures!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I will (when the time is right)

I will, when I finish up! I'm changing the engine area but not done yet, I'm taking my intake and covers today to get them painted and I've changed alot of my lines to steel braided lines and powder coated alot of other items but when done, I will post pictures!

David

·
Registered
274 Posts
David, where did you get the steel braided lines from and how did you change the fuel rail line. I would like to change my engine bay a little and that sounds like a good option, let me know.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Really simple and easy to change up angle breather to what ever suits you. I just used a firm tubing that had a 90 degree bend. Cut it to desired length , used a screw tightened band on crank side and just pushed on the filter side ( I didn't use a band on filter end not wanting to add more weight to it ). The engine cover has a indent molded in it where it sticks out. The hole in the intake tubing was "capped" with a rubber cap just put directly over the fitting. As I said it's super easy and changeable.

:thumbsup:
Kevo, thanks for the input; what size of tubing you used. Again, cool mod.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
David, where did you get the steel braided lines from and how did you change the fuel rail line. I would like to change my engine bay a little and that sounds like a good option, let me know.:thumbsup:
I started a thread, look for the one titled: "For those ney-sayers"

I know a guy that knows a guy......I was promised that the line holds over 100 PSI so we will see what happens when the pressure is on...........got my fingers crossed!

As for where I got the steel braided hose, I have a 70 Chevelle (one owner) that I used to race and every line on it from the fuel cell to the two 1050 Dominators, I used all steel braided lines and I ended up with alot of scrap sizes so I used what I had in my shop. Some lines I just slipped over the orgional tubes and used what is called "Magna Clamp" that you can purchase from Jegs (in the Cooling Dress-up section pg. 347 of their latest catalog)
these just look like the real fittings but come with a built in clamp, check them out.
If you have any questions, feel free to just ask!

David

·
Registered
274 Posts
Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I started a thread, look for the one titled: "For those ney-sayers"

I know a guy that knows a guy......I was promised that the line holds over 100 PSI so we will see what happens when the pressure is on...........got my fingers crossed!

As for where I got the steel braided hose, I have a 70 Chevelle (one owner) that I used to race and every line on it from the fuel cell to the two 1050 Dominators, I used all steel braided lines and I ended up with alot of scrap sizes so I used what I had in my shop. Some lines I just slipped over the orgional tubes and used what is called "Magna Clamp" that you can purchase from Jegs (in the Cooling Dress-up section pg. 347 of their latest catalog)
these just look like the real fittings but come with a built in clamp, check them out.
If you have any questions, feel free to just ask!

David

I did a similar mod today to my AFR SHAKER equipped 392 and am now wondering if it was worthwhile. I had hoped to save the fresh air from the ram air SHAKER from being contaminated by blowby gasses but am now wondering if the PCV system has been compromised as it now has a vent to atmosphere. Kind of like the old crankcase evac systems to the headers...if you took one out and put a breather in its place it would be less effective. Too bad the engineers plumb them into the intake for emissions reasons and not into the exhaust...any one have any input?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts