Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time question here, seeing if anyone else has run into this issue and has already found a good fix. I have a 2012 SRT Challenger with a 2.9L Whipple installed. On my first few runs down the track, I noticed a bunch of oil in the engine bay and found that it was coming from the port directly under the Whipple Catch Can. Some people have advised running a catch can on that portion of the PCV system and I have a Diablo catch can ready but I don't know where to mount the dang catch can given that the mounting location that it was set up to use is taken up by the supercharger pulley setup. What do you guys think? Anyone run into this issue and found a great place to mount that DiabloSport catch can?

Attachments

·
Registered
2015 SRT
178 Posts
That port is for the make-up air(breather) going into the engine. Under boost the direction of flow will change from crankcase pressure increasing. Boosted cars can benefit from having a catch can on that port if for nothing other than cleanliness in the engine bay. I don't yet have one on that port but I do have a secondary can to augment the one provided by whipple.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I actually called whipple about this and they said that it should be capped. But I don't think thats right as that wouldn't make any sense. I like how you mounted that catch can, I was trying to think of a place to put one because all of the normal mounting locations are taken up by the pulley setup.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That port is for the make-up air(breather) going into the engine. Under boost the direction of flow will change from crankcase pressure increasing. Boosted cars can benefit from having a catch can on that port if for nothing other than cleanliness in the engine bay. I don't yet have one on that port but I do have a secondary can to augment the one provided by whipple.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Where did you get that catch can and hoses?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts