Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sounds like fun, might be able to bring down a SeaTac contingent.

Don't forget there is also the annual Mt St Helens run and the Woodburn MOPAR nationals LX/LC pre race (July 23rd 2011) coming up with our LX brethern.

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like fun, might be able to bring down a SeaTac contingent.

Don't forget there is also the annual Mt St Helens run and the Woodburn MOPAR nationals LX/LC pre race (July 23rd 2011) coming up with our LX brethern.
All the more reason for PDX Challengers to meet, stay informed & get involved. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Let us know

I'd head on down with Tim & company, if the weather is fair & on the weekend. Please give advance notice, and we might have a group coming on down. Show & shine in PDX!
BB:)

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Anytime, as long as it is not raining... Heh heh

·
Registered
779 Posts
Would be best if it was a night that PIR was open for racing. I have to get Brad on the track sameday and I can get some runs in make the trip more worthwhile. :)

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Tim,
Need your Preditor experience before that, so at least I have a chance to keep up with you.
BB

·
Registered
219 Posts
PDX gathering

Hi Everyone,

New to the forum, thought I would jump in. I've been reading it for some time. Great info on modifications. I am in for a Challenger gathering in the Portland and surrounding area.

Let me know if I can help.

Tom

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sounds good, I work with two other guys who have and R/T and the other a SE. I will get them involved and watch this thread.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Count me in.....

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
OK, I've been trying to find a date that'll accommodate most people. The way the weather is going, we don't know what March will bring. I didn't consider April, because I figure people will be wrapped up with planning & leaving on their Spring break trips.

It seems best to have our fun gathering at Jim Dandy Drive-In on Saturday, May 7, 2011. There are events at Portland International Raceway that day too.

The description from their site is as follows:

SCCA Races: Oregon Region Sports Car Club of America racing on the 2-mile road course. See practice, qualifying and racing across more than 20 classes of cars. First cars on track 8:30 a.m., with races most days after lunch. SCCA events are free. See Oregon Region SCCA - Get into motorsports today! for more information. This is a 103 dB event.

Les Schwab Late Night Drags: Les Schwab Late Night Drags: Drag race for fun with your own car. This is your chance to practice cutting a perfect light, see how fast your car is or just make passes on the drag strip for fun. It costs $25 to race, or $8 for spectators. Chilrend under 5 are free, under 12 are $5. Gates open at 6 p.m. and racing goes until midnight. Cars are limited to 103 dB until 10 p.m., 90 dB after 10 p.m.

Please plan on attending because it'll be fun for all. Thanks! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
432 Posts
It seems best to have our fun gathering at Jim Dandy Drive-In on Saturday, May 7, 2011. There are events at Portland International Raceway that day too.
have you talked to Jim Dandy Drive-In about having an event their? The reviews I've read are full of rude service but mostly tasty food. I've never been & will to try. I have found most "rude service" tends to start with very rude customers.

Planning a gathering on a PIR drag night is a good idea. I work a 12+hr shift every Saturday & will try to make it but weather permitting I definitely should make it to PIR with at least one of my cars. May even bring my Wife's 10 Mustang GT for the R/Ts to play with. It ran a 13.4 1st time at the track with barely 1,500 miles on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I live down outside Salem-I am going to order a Green With Envy R/T Classic as soon as the order window opens, but I wouldn't expect to take posession until June (based on how long from order the IE SRT8's took and the progress of the GWE SRT's) so I would have to participate with my SRT6...but it would enjoy a track day, unless it sells by then...and if that was the case then I would have to take my Demon...but I would love to meet up with other Challenger owners and hear all of the experiences & stories! Thx for the link!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sounds good to me, unless we are in Ireland (dont have the exact date of the trip yet).

Would be great to meet some more PDX Challengers. Hal is the only one from the board I've met so far.

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
OK, I've been trying to find a date that'll accommodate most people. The way the weather is going, we don't know what March will bring. I didn't consider April, because I figure people will be wrapped up with planning & leaving on their Spring break trips.

It seems best to have our fun gathering at Jim Dandy Drive-In on Saturday, May 7, 2011.

There are events at Portland International Raceway that day too.

The description from their site is as follows:

SCCA Races: Oregon Region Sports Car Club of America racing on the 2-mile road course. First cars on track 8:30 a.m., with races most days after lunch. SCCA events are free.

Les Schwab Late Night Drags: Les Schwab Late Night Drags: Drag race for fun with your own car. This is your chance to practice cutting a perfect light, see how fast your car is or just make passes on the drag strip for fun. It costs $25 to race, or $8 for spectators. Gates open at 6 p.m. and racing goes until midnight.

Please let me know what you think before we start formalizing plans. Thanks! :bigthumb:
Sounds like a great idea - and various things of interest for folks to do. I've got May 7th on my calendar...

-Hal

Keep things posted on this thread as they develop.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Sounds like a good time, make it a racing date and I can probably drag some of the WA people down.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts