Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys wondered if any of you have purchased this and what's your opinion? Seems like it really works pretty darn well and was wondering if anyone had installed one of these in there Challenger. Appreciate any feedback all of you can provide.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Guys wondered if any of you have purchased this and what's your opinion? Seems like it really works pretty darn well and was wondering if anyone had installed one of these in there Challenger. Appreciate any feedback all of you can provide.
I've been seeing a few threads pop up, but I haven't seen anyone that actually owns it.
@WorkPlayDrive

Does this look like something you'd review in the future?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's definitely piqued my interest after watching a couple YouTube vids. on it.
Yea me as well. There's a few guys on youtube that I trust in terms of their reviews. They can't say enough about it. Wonder what it does to your gas mileage??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've had mine for a month or so. I do a lot of city driving do I use it on the city setting -4. Sport is a bit rough and sport plus is too touchy. Only bad part is sometimes after a couple of hard bursts the motor or transmission develops a supercharger whine. I can't figure that part out...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had mine for a month or so. I do a lot of city driving do I use it on the city setting -4. Sport is a bit rough and sport plus is too touchy. Only bad part is sometimes after a couple of hard bursts the motor or transmission develops a supercharger whine. I can't figure that part out...
Huh. That doesn't sound good. How's it on the gas mileage? Notice anything there??

·
Registered
263 Posts
I don't have a pedal commander but I do have a sprint booster installed which is basically the same idea. Mine works very well and I am 100% satisfied with it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I haven't noticed much change in mileage. You just have to learn some pedal control. I had the Sprint Booster before. Both work well. The pedal commander has many more settings for the user to choose from.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Huh. That doesn't sound good. How's it on the gas mileage? Notice anything there??
I've had that too, once, but only on my roadtrip from Vegas. I haven't the foggiest what caused it, hasn't happened since, I doubt it was the Pedal Commander.

I think @flyhalf also had a supercharger-like whine on his car.

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
I bought one for my SXT Plus. I am very happy with it. I have mine set for Sport. It has made the car more pleasant to drive with that throttle lag removed. I would assume with the V8s maybe a lower setting would suffice. I have no change in mileage. I did at first since I was stomping on the throttle for the fun factor but after settling in and just driving normal, there is no mileage change just far better throttle response. I tucked the unit in that little net pouch on the left forward area of the center console and it's completely out of the way.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I purchased a Pedal Commander last August for my 2016 SXT Plus Challenger. I'd like to confirm that even though some people claim this doesn't improve performance by the numbers, it certainly does by the "seat of the pants" meter! Driveability is drastically improved and results in a car that drives night and day better than it was stock. Your mind, right foot and the car are perfectly in sync once you set this thing up right. The "lag" is gone - no more lazy throttle pedal.

If anyone's wondering how difficult the install and setup is, here's my installation and PedComm setup story...

The installation is super easy and just pulled the two plastic pins out of the hard board panel above the brake and throttle pedal and removed it for perfect access to the connector points. I then located the stock connection and swapped in the PedComm unit. Once done with that I then ran my cable/fob up to the webbed storage pouch on the side of my 2016 Challenger SXT Plus's console. To start off conservatively I initially set it to City mode and went for a ride. I noticed an immediate increase in throttle response and it really made a difference in the driveability of my car. The car felt a lot tighter in regards to what my right foot wanted it to do and the way it actually performed. Next I gradually tried each of the 4+ settings on City mode and the #4 setting is what I found was best for my 2016 3.6 V6 car. The car is just a pleasure to drive now and so much more responsive to drive than it was before. The trans also seems to shift better now and doesn't lug where it used to before when pressing the throttle pedal. The car has no problem burning rubber now either...just a quick stab of the throttle gets the rear tires spinning most of the time whereas before you'd have to power brake it a bit. I had no idea this thing would transform driveablity like it does - one of my best upgrades to this point. Well worth the price in my book!

In case anyone's wondering, I did try it with the "Sport" setting and the throttle was getting just a little bit too hectic for my taste. The PedComm "Sport" setting and any setting above that would be what you'd probably want to use when drag racing at the strip, but as far as street use goes it's got a bit too much sensitivity and the trans keeps the RPM's too high in each gear at times when you're just cruising around town.

In conclusion I highly recommend the Pedal Commander for those of us with the Pentastar V6. Even those who have higher up models like R/T's and Scats would benefit from the Pedal Commander I think. This is because you can soften the pedal response on those models so they hook better off the line.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//---

Reactions: Clevetown

·
Registered
150 Posts
I've been seeing a few threads pop up, but I haven't seen anyone that actually owns it.
@WorkPlayDrive

Does this look like something you'd review in the future?
Thanks for the call out, I have not picked one up, but the feedback I've been getting on it is that it's not improving performance, it's just making all of it available in the first 1/4 of the gas pedal :) Everyone says it makes the car more fun to drive.

R/T Life just did a live Q/A video on it -

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Sounds like if you could get more traction it would be useful performance wise.

I think it might also be dialed in too far for him.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: GreeninTN

·
Premium Member
2,431 Posts
So, is the Pedal Commander any different than driving in Sport mode all the time?

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
If anyone is interested:Pedal CommanderUsing PC10 code nets you 10% discount ($30).
Thanks for the code. I just ordered one for my Ram too. Pedal Commander themselves are out of stock for some reason and this model (P4 PC31) covers all the Chrysler products. So what their distributors have now is all that's available.

·
Premium Member
3,243 Posts
So, is the Pedal Commander any different than driving in Sport mode all the time?
Yes. Sport mode alters trans shift points. The Pedal Commander takes the lag out of the throttle. You know how when you start to push on the gas, nothing happens and you keep pushing further and further and finally something happens. The Pedal Commander takes that away. You get acceleration immediately, not after yelling "c'mon damn it" at the car. Apparently from what I've read that throttle delay was intended to save a bit of gas by not allowing drivers to accelerate quicker (rabbit starts).

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yes. Sport mode alters trans shift points. The Pedal Commander takes the lag out of the throttle. You know how when you start to push on the gas, nothing happens and you keep pushing further and further and finally something happens. The Pedal Commander takes that away. You get acceleration immediately, not after yelling "c'mon damn it" at the car. Apparently from what I've read that throttle delay was intended to save a bit of gas by not allowing drivers to accelerate quicker (rabbit starts).

Which I'd be okay with in an ECO mode or something else, but this it annoys me a bit too.

I bought one too, we'll see how it goes.

If it works well, I may even take SRT pages off.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts