Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Install pedal commander on my 2018 sxt challenger. Car would do fine for few minutes then throw engine light and I would lose about 50% of my throttle. Would have to turn commander off then go through the engine light reset sequence to regain my original throttle back. Tried everything to get this to work but no go. Kept saying error in TC. Didn't matter if I had it on or off.
Maybe just bad unit idk. Sending back. It was fun while it worked tho.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
149 Posts
Installed one on my 2017 SXT Plus and having no issues. Yes sounds like a defective unit. Did you make sure your key fob was far away from the car. I heard this will cause the engine light to go on. You have to keep the key fob away from the car so it will completely shut down the car. Then install the pedal commander. Maybe give that a try before sending it back. Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Installed one on my 2017 SXT Plus and having no issues. Yes sounds like a defective unit. Did you make sure your key fob was far away from the car. I heard this will cause the engine light to go on. You have to keep the key fob away from the car so it will completely shut down the car. Then install the pedal commander. Maybe give that a try before sending it back. Good luck.
Yeah key fob was far away. I think bad unit. But on mine. There was still a second delay before it took off like a bat out of hell. Then triggers a light. On all modes. Tried every combo.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Yeah key fob was far away. I think bad unit. But on mine. There was still a second delay before it took off like a bat out of hell. Then triggers a light. On all modes. Tried every combo.

Do this:

1. Wrap your keyfobs in aluminum foil, and put them on the furthest corner of the house.

2. Uninstall PC, and reconnect the cables how they were before.

3. Pull fuse 29 and 31, leave them out for 5 minutes, then put them back in.

4. Go on a 15 minute drive.

5. Repeat step 1.

6. Install PC, then go out and test it.

If the issues persist, contact PC and see if they'll send you a new unit.

I have PC too and haven't had any issues. I wrapped my keyfobs in aluminum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do this:

1. Wrap your keyfobs in aluminum foil, and put them on the furthest corner of the house.

2. Uninstall PC, and reconnect the cables how they were before.

3. Pull fuse 29 and 31, leave them out for 5 minutes, then put them back in.

4. Go on a 15 minute drive.

5. Repeat step 1.

6. Install PC, then go out and test it.

If the issues persist, contact PC and see if they'll send you a new unit.

I have PC too and haven't had any issues. I wrapped my keyfobs in aluminum.
Thanks for the advice but too late. Just dropped off PC in the mail for refund. I may try again later. Probably use the money towards an exhaust. And that's a whole other can of worms. Trying to find that perfect sound that I want out of my 6 is frustrating. Want to get it right the first time. Anyway i did notice a big difference in pedal response time just by hc airbox and k&n and resetting the relearn. I did at same time so maybe it's just the resetting part idk. But response is greatly improved.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks for the advice but too late. Just dropped off PC in the mail for refund. I may try again later. Probably use the money towards an exhaust. And that's a whole other can of worms. Trying to find that perfect sound that I want out of my 6 is frustrating. Want to get it right the first time. Anyway i did notice a big difference in pedal response time just by hc airbox and k&n and resetting the relearn. I did at same time so maybe it's just the resetting part idk. But response is greatly improved.

Good luck with the exhaust. Give the PC another chance down the road, woke up my car like day and night. My buddy drove my car and asked if I installed a tune. I run the city +4 and its the perfect balance of good throttle but not to jumpy. Good luck with exhaust. What system are you thinking? I did the Flowmaster American Thunder. The Solo is also a good choice of V6 owners. My Flowmaster sounds great but does have a little drone at cruising at 2500 rpm, but the WOT sounds great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good luck with the exhaust. Give the PC another chance down the road, woke up my car like day and night. My buddy drove my car and asked if I installed a tune. I run the city +4 and its the perfect balance of good throttle but not to jumpy. Good luck with exhaust. What system are you thinking? I did the Flowmaster American Thunder. The Solo is also a good choice of V6 owners. My Flowmaster sounds great but does have a little drone at cruising at 2500 rpm, but the WOT sounds great.
Idk still looking, so far I've watched what seems like thousands of videos. And so far I'm always leaning towards magnaflow. It's got that low growl / tone that I love. Haven't found any flowmaster that I like yet. Now here's the thing. I cant do drone. I just cant. Been down that road with my 2005 ram 1500. Had dual put on and man did I love the sound. But cruising 60 or above, I wanted to jump out my truck while moving. I went back several times and spent way too much money trying to find the right mufflers. Wound up with stock Chevy mufflers. Gave me better than stock but not too loud. And no drone. At the time I didn't understand the whole resonator thing and the shop didn't even mention it. So yeah I got screwed. But my fault for not being educated . But I'm way more knowledgable now. Well more than I was. I know Resos at back and mufflers in middle. From what I have seen and read, i dont think I can do without the resos because of the drone. Stock mufflers are too quiet. They gotta go. But those resos afe too damn good at what they do. I've researched the whole catback system. From what I can these are harmonized together to give great sound with little to no drone. Well right now that's a bit out my price range. I want what most of us older guys want. Low mean growl but quiet cruising and mean wot. I dont know how to achieve this. Sorry this was a damn book.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Idk still looking, so far I've watched what seems like thousands of videos. And so far I'm always leaning towards magnaflow. It's got that low growl / tone that I love. Haven't found any flowmaster that I like yet. Now here's the thing. I cant do drone. I just cant. Been down that road with my 2005 ram 1500. Had dual put on and man did I love the sound. But cruising 60 or above, I wanted to jump out my truck while moving. I went back several times and spent way too much money trying to find the right mufflers. Wound up with stock Chevy mufflers. Gave me better than stock but not too loud. And no drone. At the time I didn't understand the whole resonator thing and the shop didn't even mention it. So yeah I got screwed. But my fault for not being educated . But I'm way more knowledgable now. Well more than I was. I know Resos at back and mufflers in middle. From what I have seen and read, i dont think I can do without the resos because of the drone. Stock mufflers are too quiet. They gotta go. But those resos afe too damn good at what they do. I've researched the whole catback system. From what I can these are harmonized together to give great sound with little to no drone. Well right now that's a bit out my price range. I want what most of us older guys want. Low mean growl but quiet cruising and mean wot. I dont know how to achieve this. Sorry this was a damn book.

I was after the same results and went with the Flowmaster. Don’t get me wrong, there is a little drone but nothing that would drive me crazy. I also shopped the Magnaflow and was a bit more than I wanted to spend but sounds like the perfect system for you. I watched all the you tube vids and was between the Solo and FM. You should check out the Solo also. There are several owners running it and had a no drone claim on their website. The kit is made for our car to, so easy install. It was more work getting the stock system off then the install. The stock resonators are huge. No wonder the car has no exhaust note from the factory.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was after the same results and went with the Flowmaster. Don’t get me wrong, there is a little drone but nothing that would drive me crazy. I also shopped the Magnaflow and was a bit more than I wanted to spend but sounds like the perfect system for you. I watched all the you tube vids and was between the Solo and FM. You should check out the Solo also. There are several owners running it and had a no drone claim on their website. The kit is made for our car to, so easy install. It was more work getting the stock system off then the install. The stock resonators are huge. No wonder the car has no exhaust note from the factory.
Yeah I really like the solo. Lol I think I've watched almost every exhaust video there is for the 6. I've also seen vids with 2in2out and no reso. They swear very little drone. I dont expect no where near an 8 sound. But I love the deeper tones. Idk what I'll wind up with. But I'll post it for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
jpferry315—it sounds like you’ve had a very positive experience wirh the Pedal Commander. Have you noticed any functionality issues with your SXT Plus, such as the car’s original Sport Mode?

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
did you see my video

this exhaust is down right the best sounding for a 3.6, I had a few exhaust system on my car even the solo. So if you want something that sounds like a v8 get a corsa extreme exhaust, there is no drone. I even did a write up solo vs corsa with some controlled 0-60 times and weights of exhaust. the larger 2 3/4" exhaust even improved my overall 0-60 times and 1/4 miles times.

here's some videos with a supercharger pushing more air thru the exhaust

1 - 12 of 12 Posts