Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
Works on any modern Challenger, engine doesn't matter as it is connected to the gas pedal assembly

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Have my PC for over a year and half love it !!!
no issues

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
So y’all can really tell a difference with it?
You can tell a HUGE difference with it. Even just on City +2, the pedal us significantly more responsive. Definitely not one of those devices where you have a hard time telling the difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You can tell a HUGE difference with it. Even just on City +2, the pedal us significantly more responsive. Definitely not one of those devices where you have a hard time telling the difference.
Good. I just got it. Does the check engine light come on? I saw some videos where that comes on

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've never had the check engine light come on. I think a lot of people try adjusting the pedal commander while actually driving, which can cause issues. I only adjust mine while I'm in Park. Honestly, once you find the setting you like, you won't be messing with much.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
From what I've heard, if you test the more extreme settings, do so in an empty parking lot until you see how reactive it is

A Guy

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never had the check engine light come on. I think a lot of people try adjusting the pedal commander while actually driving, which can cause issues. I only adjust mine while I'm in Park. Honestly, once you find the setting you like, you won't be messing with much.
mine came on how do I reset the engine light?

·
Registered
65 Posts
On which cars are you using PC ?

I have a 300C from 2008 and a 2019 Challenger.
On the Challenger the gascurve ist very very good, especially oon sportmode.
For the Chrysler I will get also a PC next time .. the first third of the throttleway is ... nothing. But the Challenger is very direct so ... you need it for older Challenger or actual modells ?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Mine came on how do I re

mine came on how do I reset the engine light?
I honestly don't know since I've never had the light come on. You should be able to reset it with a scan tool or disconnect the battery for 30 mins or so.

When did the light come on? I'm kind of curious when and under what circumstances the light came on. That is not a common issue from what I've seen.

I have one on my 2018 Challenger GT. WHat year/model do you have?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you had your key fob in your pocket or close to the car when you disconnected the pedal that’s probably what set it off do you need to have your key fob at least 30 feet away

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
If the issue is gone (should be if you don't change settings while running), the CEL should go away after a few drive cycles with no new error

A Guy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does it simply change the rate of TB opening to pedal percentage or does it do more? I have the track pack on my car and actually dislike the engine sport mode. I prefer a linear 1:1 ratio.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, it just changes the gas throttle curve with several modes.
Just plugs in the cable harness from the "electronic gaspedal". Tuning firms can do the same but only with 1 setting.
FCA App and AlfaOBD can not do so ... that was what I hoped but ... nada.

Stil waiting for answers if this makes sense on a 2019 Challenger . There I have 3 different gas throttle ciurves combined in the modi Eco, Sport and Track as far as I understood.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,794 Posts
This is a Sprint Booster, but same theory

A Guy

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Something else to keep in mind - the Pedal command feels VERY different than the difference between the cars "Normal" and "Sport" modes (a lot of people say "Isn't that what Sport mode is for?"). For example, "Sport" mode drastically changes the trans shift points, etc. To me, the "Sport" mode on my Challenger is very "uncomfortable" to "daily-drive" in due to the way it holds gears so long, etc. With the Pedal commander, the trans still shifts "normally", but it makes the pedal so much more responsive - and having so many levels of adjustment really allows you to fine tune the feel towards what you are looking for (again, without changing shift points, etc).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts