Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger r/t. Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Again, this is challengerxx13 with another performance question.
I have the chance to buy either a pedal controller Or Diablo sport intune, I know a little bit about the difference of both but my question is, which one would you recommend me? Also there’s a difference in money one is 500 The other depends 300 to 125, depends on which one you buy.

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Depends on what you want and can afford. The pedal commander is a basic throttle booster which makes driving the car more fun, but adds no power. The Diablo inTune tuner is a power adder with the option of boosting the throttle. I went with the inTune and a Hemifever custom tune where Sean boosted the throttle by 10% as part of the tune and I love the result. Either one is fine and as usual, you get what you pay for.

Reactions: INK

·
Registered
124 Posts
The Pedal Commander increases the pedal response to eliminate "lag"
The Diablo has features to "enhance" factory programming.

Neither one will increase HP..... My vote is for the Diablo.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
If you really want throttle response go HP tuners as you can eliminate any lag in pedal to throttle response or customize to taste. Takes some know how and tweaking though. I have sampled the air and driver demand tables from a tune by Hemituna in this thread and it is night and day difference to stock.

Pedal commander changes the voltage rate from the pedal actuator so it takes less pedal travel to produce higher voltage signal.

Diablosport I believe only adjust driver request mode (not 100% sure though).

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger r/t. Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pedal com. It would be from 1 to nine and that’s it, Diablo would be more than that? Also are they safe?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Pedal com. It would be from 1 to nine and that’s it, Diablo would be more than that? Also are they safe?
You really can't screw up anything with either. With HP tuners if you change air tables and don't know what you are doing you can have the throttle hang at WOT. If you just want to improve the pedal feel then do PC as it does not require writting to the PCM and easy to install and remove. With Diablo you actually are modifying the tune on the PCM so there is some risk (although very rare) of bricking the PCM.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Between your two choices, the Diablo. Canned tunes, and a throttle booster included, among other features

A Guy

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
564 Posts
Intune all the way, and you should be able to get one much cheaper than $500. I got mine for $350 if I remember correctly

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
Intune all the way, and you should be able to get one much cheaper than $500. I got mine for $350 if I remember correctly
But then if you go for a custom email tune it'll set you back a couple hundred bucks and still come out to around $500. I would recommend a custom tune, like night and day to the canned tunes.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
564 Posts
But then if you go for a custom email tune it'll set you back a couple hundred bucks and still come out to around $500. I would recommend a custom tune, like night and day to the canned tunes.
I agree, but the way I did it atleast, was wait until I actually had a mod that requires a custom tune (LT headers) before spending the money on it. But I always knew I was gonna mod the car so for someone who isn't I guess it makes sense.

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Premium Member
638 Posts
I agree, but the way I did it atleast, was wait until I actually had a mod that requires a custom tune (LT headers) before spending the money on it. But I always knew I was gonna mod the car so for someone who isn't I guess it makes sense.
Well, I didn't do any other mods to mine before going with a Hemifever tune and it made a big difference. The canned tune woke her up pretty good, but nothing compared to the pro tune. I have no plans for further engine mods unless I hit the lottery, then it'll probably make a trip to Stevewhite Motors for a supercharger install. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts