Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
Here is what I have the gas , and brake pedal came with the car
the E brake cover and dead pedal I bought from Speedlogix
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive exterior Grille Trunk

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I have the Genuine Mopar pedal covers on my 2012 SRT automatic. They look and feel great. The brake one was a pita to put on. I had to heat them up a bit to get the rubber to loosen and stretch a bit. I think I lubed it with soapy water also. Many on this forum had the same trouble. I don't know if they revised it since, the ones on mine are from 2012.

·
Premium Member
11,796 Posts
The dead pedal and parking brake cover looks great tied in with the other pedals! :)

- Alexis

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I would recommend OEM.

Recall the Toyota "sudden acceleration deal" a few years back. The solution of the recall was they will saw off part of the brake peddle. (That's the official answer). The same issue happened with FCA, but it not make the same news splash.

We already debated this back then if it was driver error, computers, but the end result was the design (in Toyota's case.) of the brake peddle.

My point in mentioning this is that, there are many covers that look cool. Stick with OEM. If anything happens, you don't want them to point the fingers back to you.

·
Registered
2015 RT, Scat Pack.......Shakerrrrrr
723 Posts
I'm sure itz just me, but I don't like the look of the E Brake cover. Too small of an area to put only 6 rubber dots. Look disproportional with the larger pedals. I'll leave mine as is. Plus, itz the only one with nice lettering 😁.
Tire Automotive tire Product Automotive design Hood

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
My Dead Pedal didn't adhere to the pad on the carpet, I ended up using 2 self tapping screws to hold it on. Not too soon after the rubber bits started tearing out, falling off.
My ebrake cover didn't stay on with the provided double sided tape. I ended up drilling a hole thru it and the ebrake lever, and used another self tapping screw.
With my 2020, I'm just using the MOPAR bright pedal kit, not wasting my time with the dead pedal or ebrake ones.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I put my brake pedal cover on with a paint can opener.

All I did was get one corner started and then fold the rubber back over the pedal with the paint can opener and work my way back around.

It took about 2 minutes

·
Registered
493 Posts
I went with these

Reactions: Ashoka

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,660 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts