Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Merry Christmas and Happy New Years,

I've been tossing around the idea of changing my bushings in my 09 Challenger SRT8. I have notice that my 22's are starting to lean in at the top so they are riding more on the inside tread vs being flat, slightly exaggerated but this is what is happening. I do quite a bit of drag racing and I'm getting more into it. So what can I do to flatten my tire contact out (camber I think is the term), and what bushings are the most key to change out that people are doing, as well do all of the Pedders LX bushings work with our LC cars? Secondly, if I change out the suggested bushings, is the Hopnot kit worth installing with the new bushings or is it overkill? I've watched some videos on the Hopnot kit and I'm convinced it works and really for $600 I thinks it looks like one of the best suspension upgrade kits for the money. I've ordered new 17" wheels by Bogarts to run M&H up front and M/T on the rear so hook up is going to be much better now at the track, but before I do coilovers I want to address some of the other known issues.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pedders makes a good whole suspension package...but costs $$$...HopNot not only gets rid of wheel Hop during burnouts...but also really tightens up the rear end and makes the car handle soooo much better! For the $$$, HopNot Rocks! JMPO :thumbsup:
Thanks man but is it worth to do both or just the Hopnot kit? From the videos the Hopnot kit looks kick a$$ and like I mentioned that if it works like it looks like it does, $600 is a smokin........deal........YEEEHAAAWWWW.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would start with the HopNot kit state II and see if you like it. If you want more you can always go with Coil Overs or bushings.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The HopNot kit will not do anything for the camber issue you have. There is something you need to take into consideration. The way our suspension is designed, when they go negative camber, it goes positive on the toe setting. Which for your application will scrub speed in the 1/4. It's the toe setting that wears off the inside edge of the tire, not the camber.

The Pedders kit will take care of this and allow you to completely dial in the rear geometries as needed for whatever type of driving you would like to do. And it will also solve the wheel hop issue you have.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rear tires toeing in

The HopNot kit will not do anything for the camber issue you have. There is something you need to take into consideration. The way our suspension is designed, when they go negative camber, it goes positive on the toe setting. Which for your application will scrub speed in the 1/4. It's the toe setting that wears off the inside edge of the tire, not the camber.

The Pedders kit will take care of this and allow you to completely dial in the rear geometries as needed for whatever type of driving you would like to do. And it will also solve the wheel hop issue you have.

Awesome, ok so here's a youtube video, please take a look at the tires and you'll see what I mean, and then perhaps you could tell me what Pedder bushings I would need to resolve my problem. Once again, thanks so much for answering my question. P.S. I knew the Hopnot wouldn't help with the toe issue but would help with the wheel hop which is why I'm asking everyone for help to what I need to upgrade and add to make this better. It was only later this year I noticed the rears starting to toe in so there must be some bushings failing or something.
Heres the vid:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Our machined spacer plates will not work with the Pedders cradle bushings, they are designed to fit the inner sleeve of the OEM cradle bushing/mounts. You can run any combo you choose, coilovers, shock upgrades, sway bar upgrades, and improved bushings at all suspension components...but will have to choose Pedders of Hop Not at the cradle mounts.

Let us know if you have any questions,

Michael D
[email protected]
Ph 318-481-4742

·
Registered
54 Posts
As you noticed in the Video all the horsepower in the world isn't worth a crap if you can't get it to the ground. The car was beating itself to death with each shift. If it were my car I would go with the hop not kit, no question about it. Just my opinion, but I have been very vocal on this wheel hop issue for a long time and the hop not kit would be a good investment for you...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts