Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if you guys have a Pep Boys where you live but I was able to get 5 qts (it only allows you to select 1 or 2 but I ordered it in 3 different stores) but it came out to about $3.52 a quart!

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Challenger T/A Plus in Yellow Jacket w/5.7L and A8 automatic
1,479 Posts
What city do you live in? That’s indeed a deal if you’re near enough stores....

·
Registered
14,857 Posts
Gives you an idea of the markup with some dealers charging $14.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JavierA

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
the ones from the dealer will be yellow bottle and retail can be the dark silver bottle.

PS: Pep Boys is winding down having retail stores. Several around my area have closed - the ones with repair facilities will keep that side of the business going

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pennzoil actually warranties critical engine internals for 15 years/500,000 miles if you start using ultra platinum before you hit 75,000 miles:

Not that I would stick to the rules of the warranty (and document everything and keep receipts), but when a company like Pennzoil says "this oil will basically keep your engine healthy for as long as you will likely keep the car", my ears perk up.

I would like to see Valvoline would do something similar with their MaxLife transmission fluid.

·
Registered
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
617 Posts
Looks like Pep Boys is racing to close their retail stores.

I can't get to my previous orders through their website. I was going to try to repeat my previous order of 7 quarts to avoid going to 7 different stores. In fact, the site won't show me Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-40 at all. And, it's limiting Ultra Platinum 5W-20 to one quart per order.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Hellraisin Shaker
484 Posts
Pennzoil actually warranties critical engine internals for 15 years/500,000 miles if you start using ultra platinum before you hit 75,000 miles:...
Probably a good bet on their part. We finally replaced our well-worn daily drivers. Each well over 300k miles. Both with a lifetime diet of Pennzoil. Never had the heads or pan off either of them.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
755 Posts
I've received both gray and yellow bottles from Amazon when ordered...
That was a hell of a price at Pep Boys...
NAPA will have some prety good prices from time to time..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Probably a good bet on their part. We finally replaced our well-worn daily drivers. Each well over 300k miles. Both with a lifetime diet of Pennzoil. Never had the heads or pan off either of them.
Nice. 300k is what I'm shooting for with my Sorento, so I can get a Challenger as a second car.

·
Super Moderator
15,981 Posts
I've received both gray and yellow bottles from Amazon when ordered...
That was a hell of a price at Pep Boys...
NAPA will have some prety good prices from time to time..
I guess trying to sell the Pennzoil 0W 40 at those prices wrecked their business model.

If had had been able to get that - I would have stockpiled cases of the oil at that price

1 - 12 of 12 Posts