Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm a total neat freak. My car is kept spotless inside and out. Detailed weekly. I even keep extra mats and brown paper on the floors.

Anyway it was 72 degrees here yesterday so I took the car out. Parked it on the street downtown. Lots of people out enjoying the weather. I got a few comments on the car as I parked it.

I come back around 4 hours later and some 300lb woman and her 400lb husband are sitting on the hood of my car sucking on ice cream cones. The ice cream is melting down their arms and they are licking their arms too. Disgusting. Melted ice cream dripping on my hood.

I though I'd be sneaky and hit the panic button on my key to make them think the alarm went off. What do they do? Nothing. They ignore the blaring horn.

So I go up to them and say "hi, do you know that you are sitting on my car". The guy replies "yea, do you know you are parked on a public street and I have the right to sit here". Unreal! I them asked them firmly to get off and they refused. I had to get a bicycle policeman to come over who told them move it. They acted as if they were annoyed that they had to get off the car. It's amazing people have no respect for your hard earned property like that. And then have the audacity to argue with you.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I've never heard of that; I think the guy is full of crap. And that's probably a LOT of crap. I better never see that happen to my car, even if I still had my Altima no fat ass is going to sit on it.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Amazing! Some people have no respect for other people's property.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not sure I would have begun the conversation quite as politely as you did.
Sadly, those two pigs are just another example of how personal responsibility and consideration for others is a dying virtue in modern America.
At least ice cream cleans off.
Four days ago I had some guy who obviously learned to drive in the country he came from initiate a left hand U-turn from the right lane. Unfortunately, I was in the left lane between him and his U-turn. Needless to say, I have lost the future opportunity to be able to call my R/T "all original". The body work begins today.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
wow. i would have flipped the hell out!

·
Registered
348 Posts
I would have dealt with that situation in a more harse way --> Cool Hand Luke style,
If the cops came, they would let me go. I would say the fatso was going to get physical and I would have been cleared.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I own a original general lee and take it to shows. People will open the door and sit in it. Hit the horn and it makes me so mad. I wanted to follow one guy and when he opened his door start honking his horn and see if he liked it. I think I would have followed those people and sat on there car and see how they liked it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
That pissed me off just reading about it. I had that happen once with my wife's van. My daughter was in the highschool band and my wife and I worked in the concession stands for the football games. We had to park our Van inside the stadium near the bleachers when we were unloading before the game . When I came out to the van during the game some high school girl who also probably weighed 300 pounds was sitting on the bumper, there were three or fours others all standing around it and leaning on it as well. At least when I asked her to please not sit on my car she got off, but she gave me that your an ******* look. I was pretty pissed about that and it was just my wife's minivan. I can't imagine how I would have felt had it been my Challenger.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Some troglodytes need to have their attitude adjusted with a Louisville Slugger.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I'm sorry I would have put hands on the husband, no way you disrespect someone's car like that. Thank God they didn't damage your hood.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I would have got in the car and floored it in reverse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well you must understand that I am not a confrontational person. I try to avoid arguments. I do pack heat and I guess I could have pointed my pistol at the guy...would have changed his attitude real quick. Of course then I'd be typing this from a jail cell.

·
Super Moderator
14,212 Posts
People are unbelievable! Luckily there were no scratches or dents in your hood. Someone previously posed that he made two dents in the roof of his Challenger just by leaning on it while waxing. I guess the aluminum hood is a bit stronger than the rest of the sheet metal body.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Should have at least got his contact info and sued him in peoples court for a detail job..I bet Judge Judy could teach him how to act.LOL

·
Registered
302 Posts
Being as anal as I am with my cars I know how you feel.

I have to give you credit though, after asking him nicely once to get off the ice cream would have been smacked out of fat boys hand and he would have been munching on some concrete.

I have no patience for disrespectful as*holes.

Reactions: Sinister 392
1 - 20 of 101 Posts