Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to RS there will be no 2012 SE or Rallye option.
Does this mean the V6 Challenger is being dropped or that V6's are all being badged as SXT's?
:scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
WOW...... I cannot imagine they won't offer a V6 Challenger at all. I never understood why they sell an SE in the US and the SXT in Canada but they are basically the same thing.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW...... I cannot imagine they won't offer a V6 Challenger at all. I never understood why they sell an SE in the US and the SXT in Canada but they are basically the same thing.
That's why I wondering if it's just a rebadge to the SXT for all V6's? :scratchhead:

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,278 Posts
I know that this will never happen, but IMO, I wish that Chysler would just offer a nicely equipped SE, then offer the option of the V6/345/392.

Same with the R/T, 345/392 engine options.

Let the SRT be the "SRT Brand" fully loaded and blown for the "wine and cheese" crowd that will spend $65k.

Just like the old days, and SE can be mild mannered or FAST, without breaking the bank.

I'm just dreaming today :)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's what I'm assuming as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well I don't think it would make sense to discontinue the V6, especially since they just came out with Pentastar. You see more SEs than anything else (around here at least).

But, you know - Chrysler - who knows?

·
Premium Member
2013 Challenger RT Classic
4,364 Posts
around Central Ohio I see almost NO SEs like me... SRT8 and RTs rule here... However, we just got back from a vacation driving down to Savanna GA (1,580 mile round trip) and back and we counted 16 Challengers and half were SE models.

I just cannot imagine they would end V6 Challengers especially since they just upgraded the SE with more goodies and the new V6. Granted, they don't sell as well as the RT but still.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Around here I am definately seeing more SE's than HEMI challenger of late...gotta be a simple new badging of the model issue...but like greyhound said who knows with Chrysler

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm pretty sure chrysler won't discontinue the V6. They're making so much money off those cars. What i could see happening is that they just won't redesign a 2012 model since they made so many improvements already on the 2011 model. Maybe the plan is to skip any upgrades for 2012 and maybe release a direct injection pentatstar model with 8 speed auto in 2013? Or a simple rebadging ...

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know that this will never happen, but IMO, I wish that Chysler would just offer a nicely equipped SE, then offer the option of the V6/345/392.

Same with the R/T, 345/392 engine options.

Let the SRT be the "SRT Brand" fully loaded and blown for the "wine and cheese" crowd that will spend $65k.

Just like the old days, and SE can be mild mannered or FAST, without breaking the bank.

I'm just dreaming today :)
This is about the most reasonably written post I have seen on this site in about two weeks.
Should post this is general discussion.
Want a no frills SE with a Hemi? Sure we can do that
Want a top of the line "pass the gray poupon" SRT8? yep we got yah covered?
Need an around town V6 that looks awesome? no problemo

·
Registered
'16 A8 Scat Pack
11,278 Posts
Thank you Ray, I guess that I'm getting old and grumpy, and in the year that I've been on this board, I'm sick and tired of the "class warfare" that's always popping up.

It's part of how the world, marketing, and everything else is going down now.

What a concept.......................give me the SE or R/T with the "392" package option.

I think that there would be a little more "traffic" on the showroom floors with cars like this available, but what the hell do I know :)

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Well, we get a little of that with the SE and R/T. My SE Rallye is basically an R/T Plus, only with the V6 engine and with a sticker price $4220 less.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Unless they finally figured they just can't compete with the Mustang and Camaro on the entry level arena. Both cars are still much quicker and the Mustang is just an outright awesome sports car. I wonder if they figure..... if you need space? Get the Charger. If you want a Musclecar? Spend the bucks and get an R/T or SRT8.

Or maybe they are pawning the V6 sporty car off on the Avenger R/T once it finally comes out in the new form.

That would certainly make a bunch of people on these forums happy.

Wonder what that will do to used 2010 and 2011 Challenger prices?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Maaaaaaybe, the stock on my 2011 Rallye Edition with SS/T Pkg and 3:06 gears just went up? :) LOL!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Chrysler would be fools to drop the 6. The economy hasn't gotten any better, those nudnicks in washington are dragging their feet and unless they kill the dealers and only do special orders, the SE will be around for a while. Add to that the SRT brand manager wants to bring the magnum back the pony wars will continue.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^^^^^^looks like that is the answer...no more S/E's now they are all SXT's

1 - 20 of 30 Posts