Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea, yea, not in the Challenger, just something cool for everyone to check out...
.000 R/T & 11.568 on the 11.56 dial in...

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Nice! I'd like to see what you could get out of your Challenger out there on the east coast if you were really trying. Anyone ever go 11.99 stock?

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
No that is a tidy package! Congrats - frame it.

I've seen a triple zero light exactly once and he ran .0028 over his dial. Unfortunately it was against me - needless to say I lost that race.....

·
Banned
483 Posts
nice pass

I noticed he went red do you think that helped?

I never try for a .000 light to easy to go red

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
nice pass

I noticed he went red do you think that helped?

I never try for a .000 light to easy to go red
Since he cuts these lights regularly he clearly has a spot on the tree and don't react to the other guy. It takes years of bracket racing to be able to do this.

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ive never seen that. Thats pretty cool

·
Banned
483 Posts
Since he cuts these lights regularly he clearly has a spot on the tree and don't react to the other guy. It takes years of bracket racing to be able to do this.

good to know. thanks for the insight.

If he is cutting perfect lights regulary I'd be interested in knowing how often he goes red.

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
SWeeeeeT

·
Registered
368 Posts
.000 in Foot Brake (no electronics) is very impressive!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mine don't show numbers, They just say ZZZZzzzzzzz! :scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep, I ran it out because he went red...
Heard the announcer say my light was perfect so I tried to go for the perfect package..

I stage deep, so every once in a while I do go red of course..
I try to get a .010 to a .020 R/T
The .000 was just luck...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I try to get a .010 to a .020 R/T.
Me too - and you will win races all night long with that RT. I'm even very happy with an .03-04 light and will win 9/10 times in street class. I do sharpen my pencil on the tree when I know I'm going up against another veteran, though.

Most casual street class bracket racers don't truly know the roll-out time of their vehicle. So they follow the old rule of thumb and hit the gas on the 3rd amber. With a slow street car, this usually results in a .15-.20 RT and a sure-fire loss against a veteran.

Consistency of staging is the key - deep or shallow doesn't matter once you learn the roll-out time of the vehicle and when to stand on it. I always stage shallow - but I just hit the gas earlier. If I staged deep and used my normal leave point I'd go red for sure.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great article on roll-out. Including variables the driver cannot control like beam height. The lower the beam height, the shorter the roll-out time.

Make it a practice to measure beam height at your normal track. If you visit another track for a competitive event, check the beam height there too. If it's higher or lower, adjust your stage depth accordingly.

Tech Tip# 1 - Drag Race Timing Equipment, Drag Racing Equipment, Drag Racer Timing, Drag Race Reaction Time, Portable Timing Tree, Weather Station

·
Banned
483 Posts
Yep, I ran it out because he went red...
Heard the announcer say my light was perfect so I tried to go for the perfect package..

I stage deep, so every once in a while I do go red of course..
I try to get a .010 to a .020 R/T
The .000 was just luck...
Yea i agree .000 is lucky. lucky I didnt go red or thats my thinking.
Just noticed your signature. Nice going congrats.

I was 2008,2009 & 2010 Mopar Challenge Champ down here at PBIR. They didnt run the challenge series in 2011 but in 2012 they made it a Modern Muscle Challenge. My son ran his first series that year in my car and was runner up to Georgia in the points by a round and a half. Here is a pic of him and Georgia in the winners circle where he won his first race :) I'm sure you know how well Georgia does down here so I'm very proud of how well he did.

Sorry for the thread jack but you should check out the MSHS series. We race at VMP this weekend. hemirace.com for info.

Hope to see you out there.

Good times and small packages!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Some guys race their whole lives and never get a perfect package, that's awesome.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Small bracket racing world. Ellis, nice to see ya here. I'm lurking and hopefully be running a 392 soon either 2014 Core or 2015 Scat Pack. Your having a killer season at RP. I do miss Div 1.

I race at different tracks and all have different roll outs. I never adjust by staging position rather change launch rpm and or rear air pressure. I try to hit the same spot on the tree.

I ran my mustang one time at PBIR in the Modern Muscle Car Challange. Georgia is a hitter and your son was running a quick black charger. I lost in the final to Rick (C4 silver vette and a PBIR street champ).

I normally go deep and set up for a .020 light. My window is +-.020 so I'm usually safe there. I do push the light when I have a know hitter in the other lane.

Off thread to Ellis... Blueberry is back in NJ. McNaby is going to run it in the 10.0 index races and super pro at Atco. Should be interesting. Stang is sold and I'm back in the firebird.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts