Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forums and challengers. Recently purchased a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 6m...from what is visible it has a 2.9 whipple, fore fuel system, 95mm throttle body, ati super damper, long tube headers, high flow cats, not sure what else. From other people’s experience what would be the estimated power range of this car with these couple mods?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
What's the pulley size? Should say it on the pulley.
Also need to know if the damper is a 6% or 18% OD. 6% is 6.78" diameter 18% is 7.48" Diameter. Knowing these sizes will give an idea of boost level, which will give you a good idea of power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What's the pulley size? Should say it on the pulley.
Also need to know if the damper is a 6% or 18% OD. 6% is 6.78" diameter 18% is 7.48" Diameter. Knowing these sizes will give an idea of boost level, which will give you a good idea of power.
3.5“ supercharger and 7.48” Damper

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
Waiting to see if any whipple guys can chime in here, but the 3.5 is the stock pulley while the overdrive is a high boost pulley. Good combo to help belt slip. Is this car forged?
I'm gonna say it's atleast 700whp, likely higher which means it's definitely forged(I hope)

Reactions: Whipple392

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waiting to see if any whipple guys can chime in here, but the 3.5 is a low boost pulley while the overdrive is a high boost pulley. Good combo to help belt slip. Is this car forged?
I was told it was forged but I would like to verify before running anymore boost...I’m not even sure what boost it would currently be running. Yes there is some belt noise when you first start it. Every pulley has been swapped to a 8 rib besides the ac compressor which is still a 6 rib. I have an understanding of how everything works but I am by no means any type of professional mechanic. I bought the car and then lost my job the next week so currently no extra money towards car. I’ve drove it around town a few times but it is mostly just sitting until I can take care of a few things. Car has 29k miles on it. Any type of advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
619 Posts
No need for a Fore fuel system until 650 -660 whp so Im gonna say 700 or a little more .what fuel are you using ? no boost gauge ?

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
I was told it was forged but I would like to verify before running anymore boost...I’m not even sure what boost it would currently be running. Yes there is some belt noise when you first start it. Every pulley has been swapped to a 8 rib besides the ac compressor which is still a 6 rib. I have an understanding of how everything works but I am by no means any type of professional mechanic. I bought the car and then lost my job the next week so currently no extra money towards car. I’ve drove it around town a few times but it is mostly just sitting until I can take care of a few things. Car has 29k miles on it. Any type of advice would be appreciated.
What kind of advice are you looking for exactly? I mean the best advice I can give you is take it to a reputable shop and throw it on a dyno to see WOT AFR, KR, boost pressure etc. Also learn what it makes at the same time. Did you buy private sale or through a dealer?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What kind of advice are you looking for exactly? I mean the best advice I can give you is take it to a reputable shop and throw it on a dyno to see WOT AFR, KR, boost pressure etc. Also learn what it makes at the same time. Did you buy private sale or through a dealer?
Yeah I plan to take it to someone as soon as I start back to work. Just looking for anything I need to look out for or pay attention to. Anyone from the N.C. area have experience with any good shops. I’ve searched online and have found Pettys Garage and Mass Acceleration I live in about the middle of the two. I purchased it from a used car dealer they are the ones who said it was forged but the only paperwork they had was for services through the dealership. Really hoped to track the previous owner but was not successful.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts
Have you Googled the VIN# to see if you find any info? If you want, post it here and I'll have a look around as well

A Guy

·
Registered
619 Posts
Demon Performance in South Carolina would be an ideal choice if they’re not to far away . another is Modern Muscle Extreme (MMX) in Virginia .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you Googled the VIN# to see if you find any info? If you want, post it here and I'll have a look around as well

A Guy
Yeah I did that while looking at the car the only result that showed at all was the place the dealer got the car from. I contacted that place and was told that all information they had was given to the dealer I got it from that they didn’t keep anything pertaining to the sale.

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
788 Posts
Steve white is in NC.

·
Registered
282 Posts
How many miles are on the car and could they tell you where any of the work was done? How would they know it had forged internals and not have any paperwork on the work done on the car? If they just slapped the supercharger on the car I would be worried but you already bought it so now you just need to get it to a good shop and see if it can be dyno tuned. Usually if someone has 10 psi or less of boost for the setup and just 93 octane then it has just been slightly moded. I would almost think its still a stock motor. If it runs well and tuned fine then leave it where it is and drive it otherwise you will end up putting alot of money into it to get 850 or more rwhp out of your setup if thats what you are seeking.

Make sure you trust the shop that you have do work on the car because there are very few out there that can do the job you need done and do it correctly. I have found that out thru alot of mods on my Challenger. Pettys may cost a little more but they wont do you wrong. Delt with HHP before and had some tuning done thru hemi tuner before, I would highly recommend all those shops I just mentioned for work or tuning but AJ which is hemi tuner is up in NY and HHP is in Delaware so probably a little further then you would want to take your car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
ok I did see where you said it has 29000 miles not bad, I think I would just drive it like it is especially if it runs good for what you have. Probably 550 to 600 HP I am guessing thats not bad at all for a street car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts