Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Performance Chip Tuning products? It has a Stage 2 "plug and play" chip module that simply plugs into the OBD port. It is supposed to produce up to 40 hp. and 32 lb/ft of torque.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I wonder if it works better than this one? This is what someone found when they took theirs apart.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
1,204 Posts
Resistor in a box there pardner.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,731 Posts
I won't say definitively, but all the OBD plug in tuners seems to either do nothing good, or actually cause issues. That particular company

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,993 Posts
I'd be pretty skeptical that it would increase the HP anywhere near 40 HP, if it was that easy all the hand held tuners should be giving you that with their standard tune and delivering even more with a custom tune. I just don't think Chrysler left that kind of HP laying around within easy reach of a fuel and timing adjustment, sure there is a bit more that can be extracted from our motors with tuning but I'd be very surprised if someone bothered to dyno this product on their car and they got anywhere near that kind of HP bump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts