Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
No, don't do it!

Reactions: Kountryboy2

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus. Billet Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. What are your thoughts on the pedal commander?

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. What are your thoughts on the pedal commander?
People that have it, like it. As long as you understand it does not change the performance of your car but it does, according to owners of it, make the car feel a lot snapier.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Plus. Billet Silver
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I understand it just helps with throttle response. Was also thinking about getting one for my 2019 Rebel. I really notice the lag in it.

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
Yeah, all those chips do is accelerate the lightening of your wallet!

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,773 Posts
How can that OBD interface do anything to the tune? On +2015s the PCM has to be unlocked to make any type of modifications to the tune. Now if it was a pass thru type connection between engine harness and PCM maybe it can do some trickery to the signals but thru the OBD port I don't see how it can do anything but monitor signals?

·
Premium Member
4,654 Posts
I belong to various Challenger groups on FB. Someone will post "Got my Taser, can't wait to hook it up!". Just like clockwork, days later they are posting "my car is throwing codes!" or "why did my radio stop working?", stuff like that. My car runs great and I feel no need to tinker with the computers. It's just inviting grief, PLUS it could void your warranty.

Reactions: Bob Ricewasser

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,773 Posts
I don't see how a Tazer from Zauto can cause any issues except for maybe bad firmware (I can attest to finding 2 versions that caused problems)? All changes (BTW cannot alter PCM tune but unlocks certain features thru the BCM, similar to AlfaOBD but it is made foolproof) can also be reversed and I doubt a dealership can detect if a car had one married to it if it was properly unmarried from the vehicle.

Now HP tuners on the other hand can put your car in a world of hurt if you don't know what you are doing. But then again you need an unlocked PCM, and this type of tuning is detectable even if you swap in your original PCM. Diablo is another option which has canned tunes but again, requires unlocked PCM and is detectable even after removed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts