Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger SXT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
DODGE CHALLENGER SXT PENTASTAR ENGINE MODIFICATION LIST
This is not a Product Review or Promotion Post, just a bit of reference links for anyone like myself who has been looking for Performance Modifications to make the PentaStar v6 a bit more fun. This list is recently updated as of September 17, 2020 availability or manufacturing of parts is limited to vendors discretion. This Post is not meant to be a form of guide or guaranteed fitment. It's the responsibility of the consumer to varify that what ever is being bought actually fits his/hers Year, make and Model.

(Full Disclaimer I don't pretend to know everything about Cars, just a dude with too much free time to shop around)
SIDE NOTE*** IF YOU PLAN ON SUPER CHARGING YOUR ENGINE WITH RIPP LOOK AT THE INCLUDED PRODUCTS IN THEIR KIT YOU'LL BE REPLACING SOME OF THE PARTS YOU BUY OFF THIS LIST. SHOP SMART**.Most Mods Will require a Tune to Maximize Gaines

Intakes: Every High Schoolers First Mod

Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2018Up to 2020Up to 2020
Super Stock Induction System® w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMomentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMagnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMomentum GT Carbon Fiber Dynamic Air Scoop3.6L V6 Pentastar Cold Air Intake by MoparINJEN PF COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEMK&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTERK&N PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
Outflows Factory Air Box by up to 6%

Measured Flow at 7”H2O: 360 CFM
**Dyno-Proven Gains up to +18 HP & +22 Lbs. x Ft. TQ

**Outflows Factory Intake by 29%
**Dyno-Proven Gains up to +13 HP & +17 Lbs. x Ft. TQ

**Outflows Factory Intake by 37%

**Measured Flow: 196 CFM @ 1.5" H2O
Applicable with the
Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter Media
No Exact Performance Gains Advertised*Web Site has both a Polished and Wrinkle Black Version

**Claims to only fit up to 2018, But i don't know of any changes 19/20 models that would prevent it from working

***Dyno Proven gains of up to 14 hp and 18 lb-ft. of torque
Drop In FilterNo Exact Performance Gains Advertised
Throttle Bodies: Fat Boy Twinkie Air Suckers

I'd ask for compatibilitySays it Fits 3.6l PentaStar EnginesFits 2011-2020
3.6L V6 Pentastar Ported Throttle Body 80mm
***No Exact Performance Numbers Advertised

***Your cold air intake will most likely require a new adapter boot to fit the larger 80mm throttle body!
***No Exact Performance Numbers Advertised​
***Typically Adds 9-14 Horsepower

***35% increase in airflow potential over the 73mm stock throttle body.
This one seems to have the best reviews from what I can find on Forums, although 2mm different from its other counterparts overall construction and quality of finished product is spoken for.

Intake Manifolds: Only time you Loose is better

Lower Portion OnlyUpper and Lower Manifold
3.6L V6 Pentastar CNC Ported Lower Intake Manifold3.6L V6 Pentastar Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifold
No tuning required!
No tuning required!
This is the kind of modification from what I have read and researched to be minimal gains probably not worth it, you wont reach V8 numbers but oh well.
Intake Manifold - Mopar (5281803AA) the upgraded OEM (2018+) lower intake (PUG)has some of the most common porting fixes that are applied to the older stock lower intake when porting.

Catch Cans: Catching your voided warranty one can at a time

Non Super-Charged ApplicationSuper Charged Application
NON SUPERCHARGED CHARGER/CHALLENGER/300 - AIR/OIL SEPARATOR CATCH CANSUPERCHARGED 3.6L CHARGER/CHALLENGER/300 AIR-OIL SEPARATOR CATCH CAN
If you don't plan to Super-Charge Your v6 Buy this oneIf you plan to Super-Charge your v6 Buy it and install it later
Coil Packs: Wont make you an R/T but will definitely impress your wife's friends at the BBQ

11-20
Accel Coils, 11-16 Chrysler, 3.6L V6
MSD IGNITION COILS BLASTER SERIES 2011-2016 CHRYSLER V6 ENGINES, BLACK, 6-PACK
RIPP HIGH PERFORMANCE COIL PACKS100% Compatible with supercharged and non-supercharged engines.

100% Bolt-on. NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY

10-20HP Gain Advertised
Super Chargers: Moah Powa Baby - Insert Lightening Strikes -

RIPP2011 - 2014 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT2015 - 2017 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT2018 - 2020 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT
425WHP+ and 360ft/lbs** of Torque on a factory 3.6 Pentastar
MPG increase from 1-4mpg combined City/hwy***
<<<
Sprintex (2012-2015)Sprintex Super Charger Kit
PERFORMANCE & RELIABILITY*
• 37% more horsepower; 246 WHP stock to 338 WHP supercharged
• 36% more torque; 225 lb/ft stock to 308 lb/ft supercharged
• Increases torque and power available at low RPM
*Performance results may vary based on vehicle condition, modifications, etc.
Prodigy Performance
(2015-2018)
PRO-TTLX 2015 - 2018 DODGE CHALLENGER TWIN TURBO KIT
506HP at the wheels!
Contacted to confirm that it still is being produced, otherwise as of (07/30/2020) it is out of stock.

Internal Engine Components *New (07/30/20)

ARP HEAD STUDS 3.6L
Dodge Challenger 3.6 V6, 2011-Present

CARILLO ROD SET FOR 3.6L

PENTASTAR PISTON 3.6L

Throttle Control Boosters: Make v6's fun to drive again

up to 2020up to 2020up to 2020
Sprint Booster® V3 Power Converter

Pedal Commander PC31 Bluetooth

Side Note: I Recently Purchased this one,makes the throttle response different night and day, no difference in performance though.
SCORCHER GT Power Module

UPDATE: Light Weight Crank Pulley - the original Spinny Boi

Fits all 2011-2020
The largest total gains are 9.05 WHP and 11.29 ft/lbs ON N/A Application (Naturally Aspirated) AWD Vhrysler 300 v6 ( 10% Drive Train loss compared to its RWD/FWD Counterparts like the challenger/dart/200 etc.)

Exhaust Systems/Components: Brap Brap? Pop pop pop? " iT'lL nEvER sOuNd LiKe a V8 "

Tune: Because 91/93 Octane is a lot more interesting
I haven't Done much Research but here are two I found realtively easy and that Many people speak for:​
Notes: You will need an Unlocked PCM in order to Tune​
If you have anything to add to this list just mention in the comments bellow or message me Directly on here or my Discord Pelaezo#3748
Is it worth it?
Personally? Yes and No. In terms of how many V6 owners who actually put money to make their car faster than stock with the intention of just having a unique and nice ride. Its wroth every penny, especially if you can blow the pants off a few angry V8 Owners. But you should be realistic with the fact that these cars are limited by a variety of things. If you don't see yourself owning it for more than 5 years, leave it alone and enjoy the sufficient power it delivers. An exhaust and some other minor things is more than enough to make this platform an enjoyable economic daily.

Enjoy what you drive and ignore what everyone else says, the mopar community is superb and no matter what you drive you will always have people who share in what you love and care about.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice collection of available parts. But note the HP gains are manufacturer claimed. Very few have full on modified our V6. There should be a cumulative effect to ported throttle body, upper and lower intake, free flowing mid/downpipes, etc. I've seen no real world proof any helped much individually, same with coil packs, CAI, etc.

If you added a Ripp for instance, then got a quality custom tune, THEN did all the other mods, and a new custom tune, how much would it pick up over just the supercharger and tune?

To your list, instead of a ported lower intake, the upgraded OEM (2018+) lower intake (PUG) has some of the most common porting fixes that are applied to the older stock lower intake when porting.

If you are including Ripp coil packs, MSD and Accel both make coil packs for the 3.6L as well. MSD Red and Black, and Accel yellow of course. I mention color, as that may be all you're adding, some bling ;)

Prodigy has a Twin Turbo kit, impressive claimed numbers, but as far as I know, it's never yet been available. Always says Out Of Stock

I've seen at least one V6 owner who went whole hog with head porting, custom cams, bigger pulley, full forged rotating assembly, etc. I believe he was running 15 lbs of boost. I don't remember his final power numbers, but well over 500RWHP. He traded for a Scat Pack if that tells you anything ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,429 Posts
While it is not a requirement to modify the stock tune when installing items such as the throttle body, intake manifold, and a CAI, you will maximize any potential gains from those items if you customize the tune to take advantage of them.

Other than that, great list. Very thorough!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice collection of available parts.

A Guy
Thanks Brother, so After looking over your post and a bit of digging around, Found some Internals that are made for the PenStar, along with the twin turbo from Prodigy, I contacted them to find out if its even still going to be manufactured. If it is I would much rather go that route, but ultimately they seem to focus more on Jeeps than anything.

Also made a note on top of the list regarding how a tune would be best for maximizing the potential of the added parts.

If you have any other suggestions, edits, or changes. Please feel free to chip in, personally sucked not having a direct source of links and with input like yours this post could definitely be of some help foo many.
While it is not a requirement to modify the stock tune when installing items such as the throttle body, intake manifold, and a CAI, you will maximize any potential gains from those items if you customize the tune to take advantage of them.

Other than that, great list. Very thorough!
:LOL: Yeah in terms of Tuning and Performance Modifications, its all Greek to me. My biggest thing though is comparability. I cant find much literature regarding Fitment, like if you upgraded to a 78/80mm Throttle Body, Do any of the intakes I listed still fit? Where does one get a Boot to accommodate the modification. Hopefully with this post if anyone has questions like that or feed back to give we could all help each other out.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,596 Posts
Welcome to the forum and while I don't have a V6 Challenger, I can Appreciate the work and time that you spent making that list.

You did a Great job and Thanks for sharing it! (y)

·
Registered
2018 Pitch Black SXT
4,905 Posts
Welcome from New Jersey. Quite an extensive list. Nice reference material. Great job. (y)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Nice collection of available parts. But note the HP gains are manufacturer claimed. Very few have full on modified our V6. There should be a cumulative effect to ported throttle body, upper and lower intake, free flowing mid/downpipes, etc. I've seen no real world proof any helped much individually, same with coil packs, CAI, etc.

If you added a Ripp for instance, then got a quality custom tune, THEN did all the other mods, and a new custom tune, how much would it pick up over just the supercharger and tune?

To your list, instead of a ported lower intake, the upgraded OEM (2018+) lower intake (PUG) has some of the most common porting fixes that are applied to the older stock lower intake when porting.

If you are including Ripp coil packs, MSD and Accel both make coil packs for the 3.6L as well. MSD Red and Black, and Accel yellow of course. I mention color, as that may be all you're adding, some bling ;)

Prodigy has a Twin Turbo kit, impressive claimed numbers, but as far as I know, it's never yet been available. Always says Out Of Stock

I've seen at least one V6 owner who went whole hog with head porting, custom cams, bigger pulley, full forged rotating assembly, etc. I believe he was running 15 lbs of boost. I don't remember his final power numbers, but well over 500RWHP. He traded for a Scat Pack if that tells you anything ;)

A Guy

Here's a screen shot they got back to me, apparently it will be going into production soon.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,697 Posts
It will be a potent alternative, albeit with no real time information for a while. Your car looks good, let's see it in the daylight ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It will be a potent alternative, albeit with no real time information for a while. Your car looks good, let's see it in the daylight ;)

A Guy
Personally was excited with the Idea of the Ripp Supercharger, but a Twin Turbo System would be insane, the Pentastar seems like a hell of a platform, put these cars on a Diet with Boost and you got a sweet ride.

Thanks Btw, ill post some better pictures all around when ever i get a chance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update: found a really nice light weight crank pulley Plus a great source for other performance parts related to our v6 pentastar engines, they have a similar right up to what I've made on here, but I have horrible eye sight and it kills it for me when i have to read a wall of text, so slowly but surely ill add on some things they found on their end to this list for the rest of us. Stay Tuned.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DODGE CHALLENGER SXT PENTASTAR ENGINE MODIFICATION LIST
This is not a Product Review or Promotion Post, just a bit of reference links for anyone like myself who has been looking for Performance Modifications to make the PentaStar v6 a bit more fun. This list is recently updated as of September 17, 2020 availability or manufacturing of parts is limited to vendors discretion. This Post is not meant to be a form of guide or guaranteed fitment. It's the responsibility of the consumer to varify that what ever is being bought actually fits his/hers Year, make and Model.

(Full Disclaimer I don't pretend to know everything about Cars, just a dude with too much free time to shop around)
SIDE NOTE*** IF YOU PLAN ON SUPER CHARGING YOUR ENGINE WITH RIPP LOOK AT THE INCLUDED PRODUCTS IN THEIR KIT YOU'LL BE REPLACING SOME OF THE PARTS YOU BUY OFF THIS LIST. SHOP SMART**.Most Mods Will require a Tune to Maximize Gaines

Intakes: Every High Schoolers First Mod

Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2020Up to 2018Up to 2020Up to 2020
Super Stock Induction System® w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMomentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMagnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter MediaMomentum GT Carbon Fiber Dynamic Air Scoop3.6L V6 Pentastar Cold Air Intake by MoparINJEN PF COLD AIR INTAKE SYSTEMK&N REPLACEMENT AIR FILTERK&N PERFORMANCE AIR INTAKE SYSTEM
Outflows Factory Air Box by up to 6%

Measured Flow at 7”H2O: 360 CFM
**Dyno-Proven Gains up to +18 HP & +22 Lbs. x Ft. TQ

**Outflows Factory Intake by 29%
**Dyno-Proven Gains up to +13 HP & +17 Lbs. x Ft. TQ

**Outflows Factory Intake by 37%

**Measured Flow: 196 CFM @ 1.5" H2O
Applicable with the
Momentum GT Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter Media
No Exact Performance Gains Advertised*Web Site has both a Polished and Wrinkle Black Version

**Claims to only fit up to 2018, But i don't know of any changes 19/20 models that would prevent it from working

***Dyno Proven gains of up to 14 hp and 18 lb-ft. of torque
Drop In FilterNo Exact Performance Gains Advertised
Throttle Bodies: Fat Boy Twinkie Air Suckers

I'd ask for compatibilitySays it Fits 3.6l PentaStar EnginesFits 2011-2020
3.6L V6 Pentastar Ported Throttle Body 80mm
***No Exact Performance Numbers Advertised

***Your cold air intake will most likely require a new adapter boot to fit the larger 80mm throttle body!
***No Exact Performance Numbers Advertised​
***Typically Adds 9-14 Horsepower

***35% increase in airflow potential over the 73mm stock throttle body.
This one seems to have the best reviews from what I can find on Forums, although 2mm different from its other counterparts overall construction and quality of finished product is spoken for.

Intake Manifolds: Only time you Loose is better

Lower Portion OnlyUpper and Lower Manifold
3.6L V6 Pentastar CNC Ported Lower Intake Manifold3.6L V6 Pentastar Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifold
No tuning required!
No tuning required!
This is the kind of modification from what I have read and researched to be minimal gains probably not worth it, you wont reach V8 numbers but oh well.
Intake Manifold - Mopar (5281803AA) the upgraded OEM (2018+) lower intake (PUG)has some of the most common porting fixes that are applied to the older stock lower intake when porting.

Catch Cans: Catching your voided warranty one can at a time

Non Super-Charged ApplicationSuper Charged Application
NON SUPERCHARGED CHARGER/CHALLENGER/300 - AIR/OIL SEPARATOR CATCH CANSUPERCHARGED 3.6L CHARGER/CHALLENGER/300 AIR-OIL SEPARATOR CATCH CAN
If you don't plan to Super-Charge Your v6 Buy this oneIf you plan to Super-Charge your v6 Buy it and install it later
Coil Packs: Wont make you an R/T but will definitely impress your wife's friends at the BBQ

11-20
Accel Coils, 11-16 Chrysler, 3.6L V6
MSD IGNITION COILS BLASTER SERIES 2011-2016 CHRYSLER V6 ENGINES, BLACK, 6-PACK
RIPP HIGH PERFORMANCE COIL PACKS100% Compatible with supercharged and non-supercharged engines.

100% Bolt-on. NO MODIFICATIONS NECESSARY

10-20HP Gain Advertised
Super Chargers: Moah Powa Baby - Insert Lightening Strikes -

RIPP2011 - 2014 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT2015 - 2017 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT2018 - 2020 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 SUPERCHARGER KIT
425WHP+ and 360ft/lbs** of Torque on a factory 3.6 Pentastar
MPG increase from 1-4mpg combined City/hwy***
<<<
Sprintex (2012-2015)Sprintex Super Charger Kit
PERFORMANCE & RELIABILITY*
• 37% more horsepower; 246 WHP stock to 338 WHP supercharged
• 36% more torque; 225 lb/ft stock to 308 lb/ft supercharged
• Increases torque and power available at low RPM
*Performance results may vary based on vehicle condition, modifications, etc.
Prodigy Performance
(2015-2018)
PRO-TTLX 2015 - 2018 DODGE CHALLENGER TWIN TURBO KIT
506HP at the wheels!
Contacted to confirm that it still is being produced, otherwise as of (07/30/2020) it is out of stock.

Internal Engine Components *New (07/30/20)

ARP HEAD STUDS 3.6L

CARILLO ROD SET FOR 3.6L

PENTASTAR PISTON 3.6L

Throttle Control Boosters: Make v6's fun to drive again

up to 2020up to 2020up to 2020
Sprint Booster® V3 Power Converter

Pedal Commander PC31 Bluetooth

Side Note: I Recently Purchased this one,makes the throttle response different night and day, no difference in performance though.
SCORCHER GT Power Module

UPDATE: Light Weight Crank Pulley - the original Spinny Boi

Fits all 2011-2020

The largest total gains are 9.05 WHP and 11.29 ft/lbs ON N/A Application (Naturally Aspirated) AWD Vhrysler 300 v6 ( 10% Drive Train loss compared to its RWD/FWD Counterparts like the challenger/dart/200 etc.)

Exhaust Systems/Components: Brap Brap? Pop pop pop? " iT'lL nEvER sOuNd LiKe a V8 "

Tune: Because 91/93 Octane is a lot more interesting
I haven't Done much Research but here are two I found realtively easy and that Many people speak for:​
Notes: You will need an Unlocked PCM in order to Tune​
If you have anything to add to this list just mention in the comments bellow or message me Directly on here or my Discord Pelaezo#3748
Is it worth it?
Personally? Yes and No. In terms of how many V6 owners who actually put money to make their car faster than stock with the intention of just having a unique and nice ride. Its wroth every penny, especially if you can blow the pants off a few angry V8 Owners. But you should be realistic with the fact that these cars are limited by a variety of things. If you don't see yourself owning it for more than 5 years, leave it alone and enjoy the sufficient power it delivers. An exhaust and some other minor things is more than enough to make this platform an enjoyable economic daily.

Enjoy what you drive and ignore what everyone else says, the mopar community is superb and no matter what you drive you will always have people who share in what you love and care about.
Hell yes it's worth it if you have the money. I added a K&N air system, a Modern Muscle ported throttle body, Modern Muscle ported manifolds, and a Borla S Exhaust without a tune and was getting about 340 hp according to the car. Using my tazer to turn off the AWD the tires would seriously light up. That was before I added a Ripp supercharger to it and that was probably enough. And you're right about the Pedal Commander, it's a must have. That combined with my mods, makes passing power really scary. We won't even get into the Ripp. Mine has no lag on takeoff which is common with the Ripp. In fact, in dyno mode, it'll almost burn the back tires off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts