Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $500 dollars for my birthday and wasn't sure what to do with it. I wanted to know some good mods I can get with it. Please no one tell me to save up and get long tube headers or something like that. I already have a K & N intake and programmer and I did a resonator delete. I've heard of getting 6.1 heads and bolting them right on to the 5.7. Other guys tell me I can get 20 rwhp from a dyno tune on top of my 93 Diablo tune, or to go with anl exhaust X pipe and Magnoflows or even get ported throttle body.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
Strut tower braces.

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
If speed is the need. ZEX Nos system is bout 6 bones for a starter kit. Nice HP bump with 75hp pills.
Save a little more coin, get a Trinity and by its use move to the 125hp pills after you remove 2 deg in timing and faten up the a/f a little.
FlatTop

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have e&r lowering springs but never installed them yet im waiting to until i need new tires to go lower profile im scared of a rubing issuse with them i have 22 vossens

·
Registered
636 Posts
If it is a manual I would get a skip shift eliminator ($20) and a short throw.

I would avoid the TB and any other intake side mods. The bottleneck is your exhaust manifold so any intake of exhaust work is only gonna make a minimal impact unless you address the manifold ( I know you can't right now).

To be brutally honest there is not much you can do outside of tires, nitrous, or a short throw that is gonna make a dent in the 1/4 time imo.

My vote is strut tower brace, tires, or short throw.

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
Since you already have lowering springs, I would go with front and rear strut bracing.

Makes a good car even better!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts