Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum as I just purchased a 2016 Challenger R/T. It has the 8.4 Uconnect. I don't have the performance page and was wondering if there is a way to go about getting it in my car. I also don't have a backup camera but I do have a rear and side alarm. Has anyone added a rear camera to a 2016 model?

Thanks

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Without STP I'm out of luck?
If the radio has never been registered you may have a chance with infotainment's genie or the tazer but I would say your chance of getting PP on your RT are pretty slim to none. Just do a search and you will see many tried and maybe a handful were successful.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
If you have ever registered your RT with Uconnect or had a Uconnect subscription you will not be able to get PP to show up on the 8.4...only on the dash.
Not quite clear on this. We bought a new 2015 200 that came with a one year subscription. I bought my Challenger used and I have never had a subscription linked to it, but it did come with the antenna so the previous owner could have had a subscription on the car.

Do either of these situations rule out the possibility that I could swap an 8.4 screen into my Challenger and get the PP on it?

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
Not quite clear on this. We bought a new 2015 200 that came with a one year subscription. I bought my Challenger used and I have never had a subscription linked to it, but it did come with the antenna so the previous owner could have had a subscription on the car.

Do either of these situations rule out the possibility that I could swap an 8.4 screen into my Challenger and get the PP on it?
The infotainment websites says:
  • 2015-2017 vehicles must not have ever had a paid or trial UConnect Access account.
I know we didn’t set up an access account, and it says the vehicle, not the individual, so feeling pretty good about our 200 not screwing me. No idea if the previous owner of my Challenger ever did an access account, though. Wonder how I could figure that out.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
If the radio has never been registered you may have a chance with infotainment's genie or the tazer but I would say your chance of getting PP on your RT are pretty slim to none. Just do a search and you will see many tried and maybe a handful were successful.
The infotainment websites says:
  • 2015-2017 vehicles must not have ever had a paid or trial UConnect Access account.
I know we didn’t set up an access account, and it says the vehicle, not the individual, so feeling pretty good about our 200 not screwing me. No idea if the previous owner of my Challenger ever did an access account, though. Wonder how I could figure that out.
Bringing this thread back up since my comment seems to fit here better than what I was reading that made me think of it.

I asked a question in a different thread about how XM activates the radio if there was no cell connection. The general idea was that it happens over the XM waves somehow.

I am wondering if perhaps the reason PP goes away if you have registered for a UConnect Access account.is because along with the XM activation code, they send data relating to what should be on/off on the radio. If so, what if someone activated the PP pages and at the same time disconnected the XM antenna? Perhaps then it would work and the PP would stay active?

I realize this would leave you without both the XM radio and a compass, but maybe it would be worth it?

I only ask because it has been rolling around in the back of my mind how they could be disabling them.

In the end, my car never even had XM radio (had the puck so I assumed it did), so in theory I should get the PP pages tonight if I can get my JY 8.4 plugged in and working. Time will tell.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
I don't have XM radio subscription and I am not registered to UConnect (that is what the mopar connect site says and the UConnect reps when I call). However, I do have the 5 year complimentary traffic & weather which should be up this year. That is the only thing that is actually registered and I could not remove. Once this is up (I think it is done in March) I am going to try to enable PP again with both the tazer and then AlfaOBD. If that does not work then I am pretty sure nothing else can be done besides swapping out the radio.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
I don't have XM radio subscription and I am not registered to UConnect (that is what the mopar connect site says and the UConnect reps when I call). However, I do have the 5 year complimentary traffic & weather which should be up this year. That is the only thing that is actually registered and I could not remove. Once this is up (I think it is done in March) I am going to try to enable PP again with both the tazer and then AlfaOBD. If that does not work then I am pretty sure nothing else can be done besides swapping out the radio.
Didn't you have an account at one point and then unregister? Or am I remembering someone else?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Didn't you have an account at one point and then unregister? Or am I remembering someone else?
Registered the UConnect to try the GPS tracking and lock/unlock feature when I got the car but unregistered it as it stopped working because the trial period was over. I am pretty sure once the VIN is in UConnect's system that it will always prevent PP. When I got the car PP never showed up which I thought was enabled as a trial but apparently not on my RT+.

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
It worked!!!

Used 8.4 UConnect out of a 2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel.

At first I couldn’t get the sport button to work, and when I went into the drive modes it would lock up the radio. Went back in with the Tazer and turned off the A8SportMode setting and turned on the SP drive modes. Everything worked after that. Doubt the auto setting made a difference, just relating what I did.

Even has Nav. :giggle:

Still need to find an 8.4 bezel (enough difference I want the right one), curry connector and disable the 911 error. Couldn’t wait to see if it worked so had to try it before I had everything.

Then I need to find the HVAC controls with the STP button.

So cool too have it working.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
FWIW my buddy with a charger SXT just added sport mode using the tazer and the HVAC controls that had a sport button. His problem was every time he hit the sport button his ABS would blink. Turned out tazer had the linelock programmed to the sport button as well.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Not sure how this happened but...

Had the uconnect trial in ‘16

Bought the tazer in ‘16 never got the PP to work

Cycled the battery a few times when wiring up my intake manifold last months and....
i clicked on PP, it asked about uconnect and i pressed the third option (dont remind me again) and boom it work and i have the PP’s now

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Not sure how this happened but...

Had the uconnect trial in ‘16

Bought the tazer in ‘16 never got the PP to work

Cycled the battery a few times when wiring up my intake manifold last months and....
i clicked on PP, it asked about uconnect and i pressed the third option (dont remind me again) and boom it work and i have the PP’s now
I can get PP to show up by doing a reset and clearing data but after a day it goes away. I also get the pop-up every once in a while asking if I would like to register even though I select don't remind me again. So yours works?

·
Registered
‘74 Duster 360 4M
628 Posts
There is always the possibility that they will go away for me like they are for ChallyTatum. All I did was sit in the car and mess with it, who knows what driving it for a couple of days will do. But that won't happen until winter is done.

Seems like there are instructions not to turn on drive modes if you don't have an SRT, but didn't see an issue. I did watch for errant lights but nothing showed up. And I did almost all of this with the Tazer plugged in so in theory any issue with the line lock should have showed up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts