Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I'm sure this is somewhere in here but I couldn't find anything. Is there a way to get performance Pages in my 16 R/T with the 8.4 uconnect? Or is that totally limited to the SRT and Hellcat?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
Performance Pages on 5.7L R/T requires 8.4 Radio and Super Track Pack. With both of those options, it is included.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure. Reading it was a little confusing with what models it activated what for. It made it seem like it would but then later in another pdf it made it seem like it only adds things in the dash screen and that was it.

·
Registered
14,487 Posts
I get mixed up on that too, but I think that on the 5.7L R/T, it will not add the Perf Pages if you never had them.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
397 Posts
PP and the Tazer

If you have the 8.4 radio the tazer will add perf Pages to the radio. If you have the 5.0 radio it will add Perf Pages to the EVIC only and not all the pages display on the EVIC as they would if you had the 8.4 radio.
As mentioned above if you got the 8.4 radio and the car came with the STP option then the 5.7 R/T would have Perf Pages and you would have the STP button in the Hvac controls.

Now the confusing part is that some people state the tazer will add the Perf pages for a given amount of time and then the disappear. I have read more than one post on people saying that same thing. I believe if your car has uconnect access and you register the car with uconnect the radio has a tendency to get updates and somehow that communication turns off the Perf pages. The easiest way I have read to fix that is to remove your info from the radio or simply never sign up for uconnect access.

Ron

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok sweet. Like I said before, the two or three documents on their website are very confusing on saying what vehicle specifically gets what with the tazer. And the tazer really only adds software type things right? Like it won't have any performance type options in it? Again, their website contradicts it's self a few times.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dman,

Their web page states or maybe I read that somewhere else, the tazer is more an "unlocker" It enables features that are already on the car but disabled because of options, model, ETC. The Auto industry like any other massive market is very "cheap" meaning they only really do things once. They then disable the more highly wanted features so you pay more to get those features. However those features were all produced at the same time using the same r and d money. What the Tazer does and products like the Tazer is for lack of better terminology is to turn the disabled bit say "0" to the enabled bit say "1". If the pcm/radio/tranny does not have the programming already there just simply disabled the Tazer will not be able to enable that feature.
I think why its confusing to people that read the options is the Scat Pack is marketed as an R/T so has R/T features, however the programming (392 engine management, TCM, ETC) comes from the SRT vehicles. This enables the Tazer to enable the features for the SP that are on the SRT. The tranny in the R/T even though its an ZF TF is not the same as the one in the SP/SRT/HC so the features that can be unlocked in the R/T are different then what can be unlocked with the SP. In the SP those features include performance items like track mode shifts, valet mode, ETC. The R/T TCM does not have those options even in a disabled state so the Tazer is not able to Enable those features if you have an R/T
Using the SRT software and hardware in a higher production vehicle brings down the price it cost to produce those items making even the lower volume/higer priced cars that much more profitable.

Ron

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So really it would give me line lock (maybe) and the lights. And probably the shift light. That's it? I completely understand what you're saying and that makes a lot more sense than the website from what I saw. I'm just trying to figure out if it's actually worth buying. The lights and line lock alone really don't make the $250 or whatever it is worth it in my opinion.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agreed, Im trying to figure out if it would be worth the purchase as well. I have the R/T plus. What I am understanding from what you said, since we do not have the SP programming lying dormant we wont have access to the performance features that the tazer would regularly unlock on the SP. The tazer would only unlock the nav features and access to deeper settings but nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
That was one of the charts I had looked at but then I looked at this and it says the drive modes may not work on some builds and the track mode will only be in the scat pack. But it doesn't say what those builds are that it won't work on.

Sorry the photo won't upload right for some reason. It's half way down the fourth page labelled Super Track Pack and then Set Drive Modes right under it.

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5926680e7d8f0/Tazer user guide - 2.2.9 (1).pdf

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's the install manual off of their website

·
Registered
397 Posts
A Guy,

You see why the others say its confusing? Your post says the 5.7 does not support srt modes but the matrix has option 5 listed. 5 states its the SRT driver modes, that dont work if you have a 5.7 or 3.6.
Then other feature option 7 say 6.4 only. This leads people to believe drive modes should be on 5.7 motors as option 5 does not say for 6.4 or Scat Pack only like option 10 says scat pack only and option 7 says 6.4 only.
the top lines contradict the option 5 by not explicitly stating for 6.4 or scat pack only.

Ron

·
Registered
397 Posts
PP and the Tazer

Agreed, Im trying to figure out if it would be worth the purchase as well. I have the R/T plus. What I am understanding from what you said, since we do not have the SP programming lying dormant we wont have access to the performance features that the tazer would regularly unlock on the SP. The tazer would only unlock the nav features and access to deeper settings but nothing else.
I am not sure that is correct. If you have the 8.4 radio and you should since you the R/T plus you would be able to get the PP. You would have the EVIC and the Radio PP. I would bet since you did not note it that you do not have the STP button. You would then have to access the PP from the radio touch screen. I believe the 8.4 radio contains the PP application just not active unless you have the STP option or higher model.

If all you want is the PP, infotainment.com has a programmer that enables just the PP on the 8.4 radio. That alone though is 200 dollars so for 50$ more you can have all the features unlocked that the Tazer allows.

https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/obd-genie-chrysler-dodge-jeep-performance-pages-programmer-c-ppmp

Ron

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,470 Posts
I have a headache :)

I just know on the 3.6, it adds almost nothing I'd want ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,286 Posts
Thread revival! I don't know why I keep trying to get this to work but....

So I week ago I confirmed my RT+ (came with an RA4 headunit) was no longer registered with uconnect. I did not follow the procedure in the attachment because I do not have a My APPs tab, instead I went through mopar connect and removed my car/vin from uconnect.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/8082593-post28.html

Today I called uconnect and they confirmed I have no account and they stated travel/weather is handled by XM and not them. I finally registered with XM and sure enough the trials/subscriptions are handled by them. Now despite all this Tazer is still unable to enable PP.

Turns out infotainment sells the OBD Genie which apparently "programs" the uconnect provided there is no active uconnect subscription (which I confirmed via web and uconnect rep that I do not have).
https://www.infotainment.com/collections/all/products/obd-genie-chrysler-dodge-jeep-performance-pages-programmer-c-ppmp

I wonder what is the difference between the two OBD devices? Is the tazer just an unlocker (sets the appropriate flags to enable PP if installed on headunit) and OBD Genie a programmer (actually installs PP)?

I think both are unlockers because I can get PP to load and work (briefly) if I reset my radio through the engineering screen. Is it uconnect that keeps communication with the vehicle and always resets the flag through 3G network? How does one disable (if possible) the 3G network for good?

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Performance pages are subscription based? I have the STP on my GT. They work, and I haven't registered anything (nor will I). Why are they even on a GT? Are there winter, snow track events?

1 - 20 of 164 Posts