Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Performance Pages on 2015 SXT via tazer

I've been looking around on this forum as well as a couple others and have gotten a bit of mixed answers on this.

I have the tazer and am trying to figure out how to enable the Performance Pages on the 8.4 UConnect in my 2015 Challenger SXT.

My SXT was the bare base model kind, has the puck style antenna (not shark fin), no paddle shifters, had the smaller uconnect system etc. Since then I've bought the tazer, put in and enabled hellcat paddle shifters, bought a 8.4 UConnect from a private seller, and put on a 3d party OEM style spoiler (plus a couple other mods that are irrelevant).

The UConnect works perfectly fine, navigation works, but for some reason after enabling the performance pages with the tazer, I get a message that basically states I do not have a UConnect subscription and need to activate one. If I press UConnect Store, nothing happens and it's as if I press cancel. I thought that the tazer bypassed this?

I get the performance settings on the dash cluster, but on the UConnect itself, I see it as an option, but cannot open it.

Has anyone been able to get it on 2015 SXTs / what steps did you take?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've been looking around on this forum as well as a couple others and have gotten a bit of mixed answers on this.

I have the tazer and am trying to figure out how to enable the Performance Pages on the 8.4 UConnect in my 2015 Challenger SXT.

My SXT was the bare base model kind, has the puck style antenna (not shark fin), no paddle shifters, had the smaller uconnect system etc. Since then I've bought the tazer, put in and enabled hellcat paddle shifters, bought a 8.4 UConnect from a private seller, and put on a 3d party OEM style spoiler (plus a couple other mods that are irrelevant).

The UConnect works perfectly fine, navigation works, but for some reason after enabling the performance pages with the tazer, I get a message that basically states I do not have a UConnect subscription and need to activate one. If I press UConnect Store, nothing happens and it's as if I press cancel. I thought that the tazer bypassed this?

I get the performance settings on the dash cluster, but on the UConnect itself, I see it as an option, but cannot open it.

Thanks!!!
There is no performance Pages for the RTs or SXTs. The performance pages it talks about on the tazer website is the ones in the dash, that's it. I did a lot of searching for this because I have an RT and was getting mixed answers as well. After days of searching that was what I found out. Since our vehicles don't have anything the performance pages can enable it won't be enabled even with the tazer. Sorry man, I was super bummed when I found out because that was the only reason I wanted the tazer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no performance Pages for the RTs or SXTs. The performance pages it talks about on the tazer website is the ones in the dash, that's it. I did a lot of searching for this because I have an RT and was getting mixed answers as well. After days of searching that was what I found out. Since our vehicles don't have anything the performance pages can enable it won't be enabled even with the tazer. Sorry man, I was super bummed when I found out because that was the only reason I wanted the tazer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I thought you could enable them on the RT scat packs ? At least that's what what I found.

·
Registered
14,277 Posts
Scat Packs already have the Dodge Performance Pages, the Tazer just unlocks the SRT Performance Pages that is already stored in the radio of any 2015 and newer 392 engined vehicle, so it's just an upgrade in the Pages. As far as I know, Tazer does not add or enable Pages for 3.6 or 5.7 Uconnect, only the timers on dash EVIC.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scat Packs already have the Dodge Performance Pages, the Tazer just unlocks the SRT Performance Pages that is already stored in the radio of any 2015 and newer 392 engined vehicle, so it's just an upgrade in the Pages. As far as I know, Tazer does not add or enable Pages for 3.6 or 5.7 Uconnect, only the timers on dash EVIC.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
I ended up finding out through a friend, that he bought his RA4 UConnect through infotainment and was able to unlock the performance pages via the tazer. He also has a base 2015 SXT.

I?m wondering if it?s just an issue between the RA4 VP4 CA version vs the RA4 VP4 NA version (which he has).

·
Registered
44 Posts
You're not going to get the full Uconnect features with a radio upgrade. The problem is your VIN is never going to get updated to reflect you have the upgraded equipment so your "new" radio isn't going to correlate to your car. There is a process for the dealer to update the master database of VIN/equipment but good luck finding one willing to do for something you didn't buy from them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thanks!!!
You're not going to get the full Uconnect features with a radio upgrade. The problem is your VIN is never going to get updated to reflect you have the upgraded equipment so your "new" radio isn't going to correlate to your car. There is a process for the dealer to update the master database of VIN/equipment but good luck finding one willing to do for something you didn't buy from them.
I don?t care necessarily so much about ?full UConnect features?. I know then at that point I would have to add actual hardware stuff. But I feel as unlocking performance pages wouldn?t necessarily be difficult.

Wondering if I perform a factory reset if this would do anything.

What happened when you factory reset the radio ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How did you get the paddle shifters installed/working? Is the wiring already in the steering column? I'd love to get some for my 17 SXT.
Yeah the wiring was already in the steering wheel. Essentially all you have to do is remove the little radio controls on the back of the steering wheel. Easier said then done. I?m not sure how it is on the 2017s, but if you look behind the steering wheel at the radio control buttons, you should have little panels that you can pop out.
Then comes the hardest part. You have to remove the airbag to get to the screws and wiring. There?s a couple videos, one I watched was from WorkPlayDrive. However, he was putting in the aux buttons, but essentially same process is needed to remove the airbag. Once the airbag is off, it?s pretty simple to see where the screws on the inside are, and it?s pretty much plug and play. Then just reverse everything you did after you put in the shifters.

You will need the tazer to enable them however. Or could pay a dealer to activate them. But at that point you might as well just get the tazer since there are many more features.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts