Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While surfing Craigs List I came across this guy who has a TAZER and he says he can download the SRT Performance Pages into my 2016 SXT PLUS for $40.00.
He says they show up right on the 8.4 touchscreen just like from the factory.

My question is can he screw up anything by doing this?
Will I lose any other function?
Also would this be a permenant installation??

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
The only issue I see is that you wouldnt be able to disable the SRT Pages if you needed to take the car in for service. Otherwise, I have the SRT pages on my SPS, it gives you Track Mode, Eco Mode and Valet mode. My Sport button on the console no longer works with the SRT pages enabled, I have to access it through the screen now.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only issue I see is that you wouldnt be able to disable the SRT Pages if you needed to take the car in for service. Otherwise, I have the SRT pages on my SPS, it gives you Track Mode, Eco Mode and Valet mode. My Sport button on the console no longer works with the SRT pages enabled, I have to access it through the screen now.
Why would this void the warranty if other Challengers have this??

Whats the diff between Eco Mode and Valet Mode??

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Not sure if it would void the warranty or not, I have just seen others here mention that they put their settings back to stock for a dealer visit, just in case. Sure, the SRT comes with these features active, but other models do not, and I suppose a dealer could deny a warranty repair on the basis that the system was altered.

Valet Mode:

• Engine limited to the lowest power output state.
• Transmission locks out access to first gear and upshifts
earlier than normal.
• Traction, Steering, and Suspension are set to their
STREET settings.
• Steering wheel paddle shifters are disabled.
• The Drive Mode interface is not available. Pressing the
SRT button on the touchscreen will display the unlock
keypad.
• The ESC Off button is disabled.
• The Launch Control button is disabled.

Eco Mode starts off in 2nd, upshifts sooner and smoother, lower idle, MDS comes on sooner and does not kick out as easily. There may be more, I am just drawing a blank on it.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ok, Thanks Gary.

This guy claims his SXT felt faster and smoother after he installed these performance pages, anyone know if there's any truth to that??

Also he claims the Sport Mode button works on the 2016 and up, but I notice you have a 2016 and you said yours didn't work after the install so I don't know??

As far as the warranty go's, I drove a base SXT before that had a option package that included the Performance Pages with a 8.4 touch screen so I can't see this addition of the pages being an issue with the dealer, not like I'm adding aftermarket components.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
Ok, Thanks Gary.

This guy claims his SXT felt faster and smoother after he installed these performance pages, anyone know if there's any truth to that??

Also he claims the Sport Mode button works on the 2016 and up, but I notice you have a 2016 and you said yours didn't work after the install so I don't know??

As far as the warranty go's, I drove a base SXT before that had a option package that included the Performance Pages with a 8.4 touch screen so I can't see this addition of the pages being an issue with the dealer, not like I'm adding aftermarket components.
I asked my Salesman about Tazer and similar modifications.He stated that this dealer is tolerant of modifications (has installed Tasers and diesel tunes for customers) while other dealers are not. Non the less, I plan to return all settings to default & uninstall the Tazer before having dealer service my Scat Pack.

Tazer does not add PP to Scat Pack and SRT because these models come equipped with PP.

On my Scat Pack, (which comes with Default & Sport mode) turning on SRT mode adds Custom and Track modes. After turning on SRT mode, the sport mode button no longer activates sport mode but it will activate Custom mode. Custom mode can be configured as desired including making it mimic Sport Mode.

I hope I stated everything correctly, I have been out of town away from my Scat Pack for 5 weeks and may have a little amnesia.

·
Registered
349 Posts
On a 2015 and later SXT/SXT Plus w/V6 the Performance Pages will be displayed in the smaller driver information display (DID) directly in front of the driver, NOT in the Uconnect screen for these models. You also will not get access to all the functions within the PP's of higher up models such as the Scat Pack, SRT or Hellcats. The reason for this is that a V6 car doesn't have the suspension and powertrain that matches up with those higher end models. You will not get any performance increases from using the TAZER at all on a V6 or 5.7 V8 car.

For those who are entertaining the idea of getting a TAZER for a post-2015 V6 car basically what you'll get will be the Line Lock, Light Shows, Full ESP disable, Force RWD, Add fog lights/backup camera, in-motion nav lockout disable, Clear Check Engine Light, Silence seat belt chime and some additional performance timers in the DID. The line lock function would be pretty much worthless on a stock V6 car since it's nearly impossible to break the tires loose anyway unless you brake torque them. The light shows would be neat, but they also could get you in hot water with the law depending on how you used that feature. I'd much rather invest $250 or so in some performance hardware for my car such as Eibach Pro Kit springs. I am also leery of this possibly being a warranty killer at some point in time. I always wonder what would happen if the TAZER somehow screwed up the ECU - how could you explain that if you couldn't uninstall it back to stock to take the car back in to the dealer for service?

Here's a link to ZAutomotive FAQ document on the Tazer. It is kind of confusing/unclear on most things, but keep in mind that 3.6 Pentastar and 5.7 Hemi owners will not get the majority of the features of the Scats, SRT's and Hellcats.

One thing that did kind of interest me would be getting the optional AUX button control for my steering wheel that would allow me to program the buttons to force backup camera at any time, add a front camera and add an aux video source. Currently I just have a row of 3 blank dummy buttons there. Keep in mind that if you have the Technology Package that location would not be available to swap in an Aux Button Switch Bank. You can view a Youtube Video on that here. All the links to get the parts are on that Youtube page too.

·
Registered
2016 Scat Pack Shaker
633 Posts
One thing that did kind of interest me would be getting the optional AUX button control for my steering wheel that would allow me to program the buttons to force backup camera at any time, add a front camera and add an aux video source. Currently I just have a row of 3 blank dummy buttons there. Keep in mind that if you have the Technology Package that location would not be available to swap in an Aux Button Switch Bank. You can view a Youtube Video on that here. All the links to get the parts are on that Youtube page too.
The Aux buttons are convenient. Currently I have them programmed for alight show, Line Lock & Launch mode but have not had time to do much testing. Installation is easy once you get the knack for releasing the air bag springs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I looked into this for my 16 RT and decided against it. Like others have said, when the V6 and the 5.7s it doesn't add any actual performance enhancements. Just some cool display things and the lights really. Line lock is about the only thing it will add that actually has any "performance" type result.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On a 2015 and later SXT/SXT Plus w/V6 the Performance Pages will be displayed in the smaller driver information display (DID) directly in front of the driver, NOT in the Uconnect screen for these models. You also will not get access to all the functions within the PP's of higher up models such as the Scat Pack, SRT or Hellcats. The reason for this is that a V6 car doesn't have the suspension and powertrain that matches up with those higher end models. You will not get any performance increases from using the TAZER at all on a V6 or 5.7 V8 car.

For those who are entertaining the idea of getting a TAZER for a post-2015 V6 car basically what you'll get will be the Line Lock, Light Shows, Full ESP disable, Force RWD, Add fog lights/backup camera, in-motion nav lockout disable, Clear Check Engine Light, Silence seat belt chime and some additional performance timers in the DID. The line lock function would be pretty much worthless on a stock V6 car since it's nearly impossible to break the tires loose anyway unless you brake torque them. The light shows would be neat, but they also could get you in hot water with the law depending on how you used that feature. I'd much rather invest $250 or so in some performance hardware for my car such as Eibach Pro Kit springs. I am also leery of this possibly being a warranty killer at some point in time. I always wonder what would happen if the TAZER somehow screwed up the ECU - how could you explain that if you couldn't uninstall it back to stock to take the car back in to the dealer for service?

Here's a link to ZAutomotive FAQ document on the Tazer. It is kind of confusing/unclear on most things, but keep in mind that 3.6 Pentastar and 5.7 Hemi owners will not get the majority of the features of the Scats, SRT's and Hellcats.

So I won't get the performance GAUGES that show in the 8.4 touchscreen in my SXT Plus?? I believe there's a choice of 6 gauges with 3 showing at a time, that's the main reason I was thinking of having the guy download it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
So I won't get the performance GAUGES that show in the 8.4 touchscreen in my SXT Plus?? I believe there's a choice of 6 gauges with 3 showing at a time, that's the main reason I was thinking of having the guy download it.
Nope. Only the 6.4s have it. That was a huge reason I wanted to get it to but once I found out it didn't enable it I decided against buying it.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Nope. Only the 6.4s have it. That was a huge reason I wanted to get it to but once I found out it didn't enable it I decided against buying it.

Ah crap, oh well thanks for letting me know, not bothering now.

So you can only get that feature if it's installed from the factory because I have seen it with the Track Pack option on SXt's before.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts