Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading in another post about performance pages pricing? What is this? And mine has performance pages. Is this an upgrade and if so what more do you get.
Thanks

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
If you have the super track pack then PP app comes with your vehicle and shows up on the 8.4 display when you hit the STP button...if you don't have this option, the app will disappear once your trial is over. Some have used tazer/obd genie to enable PP but you must not be registered to the uconnect network, which apparently is difficult to remove once you have registered the vehicle with them.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the super track pack then PP app comes with your vehicle and shows up on the 8.4 display when you hit the STP button...if you don't have this option, the app will disappear once your trial is over. Some have used tazer/obd genie to enable PP but you must not be registered to the uconnect network, which apparently is difficult to remove once you have registered the vehicle with them.
Thanks my friend, you have been a wealth of information. Just buying this awesome car a week ago, so trying to learn about all it is about. Yes I have STP. I am a motor head from way back so getting this thing to my liking will be a hoot. I does perform better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Anytime...a lot of knowledgeable folk here...everything I know is from either doing, searching posts or being flat out schooled. :wink3:

For me...the electronics on these cars are what will getcha. It's bad enough Dodge encrypts the crap out of everything but they even exclude wiring diagrams in the factory service manual.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anytime...a lot of knowledgeable folk here...everything I know is from either doing, searching posts or being flat out schooled. :wink3:

For me...the electronics on these cars are what will getcha. It's bad enough Dodge encrypts the crap out of everything but they even exclude wiring diagrams in the factory service manual.
Nice. Lol. I guess I will work through it all. Also the shifter feels very good so far. I read that some have issues with shifter. This only has 17k miles on it but it feels very solid. Barton though looks nice

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
Nice. Lol. I guess I will work through it all. Also the shifter feels very good so far. I read that some have issues with shifter. This only has 17k miles on it but it feels very solid. Barton though looks nice

Oh trust me the barton makes the OEM shift assembly (not a terrible unit to begin with) feel like a 5 cent slot machine. I went barton (thank God I listened to the folks here) with a lou's short shift shaft (although bartons flat shaft is awesome as well) and a speed dawg knob...the shifting experience now is surgical precision.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh trust me the barton makes the OEM shift assembly (not a terrible unit to begin with) feel like a 5 cent slot machine. I went barton (thank God I listened to the folks here) with a lou's short shift shaft (although bartons flat shaft is awesome as well) and a speed dawg knob...the shifting experience now is surgical precision.
I see you can get it without stick for $400. Have not priced the short stick, but I like it. May try that short stick on stock unit first, then move up to barton. The Hurst seems to be higher priced as well. I had the Hurst on my lx 5.0 mustang but that's a different animal.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
I see you can get it without stick for $400. Have not priced the short stick, but I like it. May try that short stick on stock unit first, then move up to barton. The Hurst seems to be higher priced as well. I had the Hurst on my lx 5.0 mustang but that's a different animal.

Lou's short stick is ~$45 but uses an M16 thread...hence why I went with speed dawg for the knob (they range from ~$30-$40). I went with bartons OEM because I really liked the stock knob but then a member pointed me to speed dawg and the meca of knob designs and that all changed. So actually the speed dawg made me go with lou's shifter as it screws on to the OEM shaft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts