Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a silly question but are the Scat Pack performance seats the same size and shape as the Hellcat seats? Looking at pictures online they look the same but I need a confirmation.
I am getting ready to order some Coverking seat covers but they do not list the Scat Pack only the Hellcat.

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
This might be a silly question but are the Scat Pack performance seats the same size and shape as the Hellcat seats? Looking at pictures online they look the same but I need a confirmation.
I am getting ready to order some Coverking seat covers but they do not list the Scat Pack only the Hellcat.

Thanks for the help.
The Scat Pack seats appear to have the same larger bolsters as the SRT (SRT 392, Hellcat).

The SXT and R/T seats have smaller back rest and seat bolsters compared to the Performance seats

·
Registered
17 Posts
F8Dragon, did you order the Coverking seat covers? (and did they end up fitting?)

I had exactly the same question... even called Coverking customer support, but the person I spoke to seemed like she was just reading the product description verbatim, not really going the extra mile to think the issue through.

Oddly enough, the Coverking website seems to suggest that the second row (rear) seat covers won't fit a Scat Pack at all. If anything, I would have thought the rear seats are standard across all the Challenger models...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
F8Dragon, did you order the Coverking seat covers? (and did they end up fitting?)

I had exactly the same question... even called Coverking customer support, but the person I spoke to seemed like she was just reading the product description verbatim, not really going the extra mile to think the issue through.

Oddly enough, the Coverking website seems to suggest that the second row (rear) seat covers won't fit a Scat Pack at all. If anything, I would have thought the rear seats are standard across all the Challenger models...
I have not ordered anything yet.
Even though I believe the covers will fit I am not going to buy them till the manufacturer guarantees that they will fit.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ive sat in seats from the rt up to a brand new hellcat on the floor...

It just seems like stitching and material is the main difference. Maybe a hair tighter bolstering, but these seats were made for comfort. Ide suggest some nice recaro sportsters if you wanna keep that oem look but have a tighter fit

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not ordered anything yet.
Even though I believe the covers will fit I am not going to buy them till the manufacturer guarantees that they will fit.

Thanks! I'm going to check with CoverKing again and see if I can talk to an actual designer or someone who has more hands-on experience, and will post my findings in this thread for whoever might be interested.

It just seems like stitching and material is the main difference. Maybe a hair tighter bolstering, but these seats were made for comfort. Ide suggest some nice recaro sportsters if you wanna keep that oem look but have a tighter fit
Thanks to you too. I'll take a look at the recaros as well. For some reason CoverKing was all I came up with in my initial search for custom fit seat covers, but it's nice to know there are other options.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Thanks for the info but last I checked they only made seats not seat covers like what I am looking for.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Its been a while, but I think the SRT's/Hellcats with the Laguna leather, are actually different seats than the standard alcantara coverd ones.
The stitching and patterns are different for sure. The side bolsters seemed larger. There was a few threads about the differences years back.
I remember it went into detail on how to enter and exit a car equipped w/Laguna leather , so as not to break down/damage the inner foam in the bolsters.
I followed those tips when I had my Laguna equipped 15 SRT 392.

·
Registered
530 Posts
As far as seat coverings, I have seen some pretty good looking Katzkin seat covers. Some looked real close to the factory Laguna.
There are so many color combos available, you would have to spend some time on there site. I'm sure they could help you out.

I'm sorry, I just re-read your thread. Are you looking to re-upholster your seats? Or are you simply looking to protect the ones you have w/a seat cover?

·
Super Moderator
14,408 Posts
Its been a while, but I think the SRT's/Hellcats with the Laguna leather, are actually different seats than the standard alcantara coverd ones.
The stitching and patterns are different for sure. The side bolsters seemed larger. There was a few threads about the differences years back.
I remember it went into detail on how to enter and exit a car equipped w/Laguna leather , so as not to break down/damage the inner foam in the bolsters.
I followed those tips when I had my Laguna equipped 15 SRT 392.
the Scat Pack / SRT 392 / SRT Hellcat seats are the same - I just drove all three versions last week (I own a SPS).

The SRT steering wheels are chunkier than the Scat Pack version, one thing I noticed.

the Demonic Red Hellcat interior is really nice on the '18 'Cat WB I just serviced for friend

·
Registered
530 Posts
I sat in a 2018 SPS recently, and came away thinking the bolsters were not as big/close fitting as my past SRT392.
But maybe it is just me, as I am somewhat used to the very tight fitting Recaro's in my Boss.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hellcat seat covers fit Scat Pack Shaker

Sorry for the delay, but Bottom Line Up Front, the seat covers from CoverKing fit my '16 SPS like a glove.

For anyone who's interested, here's the longer version, with some install tips. After much fruitless time on the phone with CoverKing I decided to risk the return shipping and just order the damn things. As you can see from the attached photos, it turned out to be a good gamble. Note the difference in the first picture between the crappy old $25 special from Costco that these replaced (sorry, I couldn't get it to rotate properly).

I bought them from CARiD because they offered the lowest price plus a 10% military discount (total with tax and shipping was $213 for front and rear sets), but the actual seat covers were sent directly from CoverKing in Anaheim. Apparently each set is made to order, so it took about three weeks to get them. Despite their repeated warnings that they couldn't guarantee fitment, I selected the following options:

- Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 2016

- 1st row: Spacer Mesh Black Custom Seat Covers (CSC2S1DG9660)
- 50/50 Buckets, w/Power Driver & Manual Passenger Seat, w/Removable Headrest, w/Side Airbag

- 2nd row: Spacer Mesh Black Custom Seat Covers (CSC2S1DG9661) by Coverking®
- Solid Bottom, 60/40 Split Back, 60 on Driver Side, w/Built-In 60 Armrest

Install took a little over two hours altogether, though I worked slowly and methodically to get everything perfect. It ain't rocket surgery, but I highly recommend watching the Challenger installation video on CoverKings's youtube channel before starting... there were a couple of tricks that would've saved me some grief. For one, I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't realize you could raise the powered driver's seat about two inches. That extra clearance made a huge difference. Second, they're not kidding when they say watch out for sharp edges under the seats... I managed to slice my finger open pretty good. :mad: Fortunately blood doesn't show up on black. :) I almost laughed when I subsequently watched the video and saw that they recommend wearing a Kevlar(!) glove.

The front passenger seat was much easier because it has a lot less mechanical junk underneath. The kit was supposed to come with a special tool that makes pulling the fabric through, routing the elastic cords and tucking the seams easier, but they ran out of them and didn't send one in time. Frankly it's not necessary - I had no problem using my fingers (aside from the cut) and an old metal coat hanger. Warning: if you have big meathook paws and Popeye forearms, you're going to find it tough. When I was a teenager I used to feel self-conscious about how small my hands and wrists were... right up until I started working on cars and realized how much easier it is to reach tight spaces. Even so, to get underneath the front seats for this project I wound up having to do a fair amount of circus contortions to get the right angles, lol. Wish my wife had gotten a few pictures.

The second row (rear) set was a breeze to put on. You'll need to remove the bench seat, but that pops off easily with a yank at each front corner.

The fit and finish are exquisite. There are cutouts for seat belts, levers, etc., and the materials seem robust and well designed. When tucking the fabric around the headrest post base trim I was worried it was going to rip or overstretch, but with a little patience and some firm tugging it went on fine and made the difference between an adequate job and an excellent one.

All in all, I feel like these seat covers were a great investment. In fact, I ordered a second set for my DD (this time in kid-proof NeoSupreme).:mad:

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
HemiPoweredDrone
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing