Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Performance Splitter Rods

9K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  6packn 
#1 · (Edited)
For example

I saw a hellcat with those rods today and it looked 100% meaner and more aggressive and i said i want them.

the rods just make it a different car specially since i dont have the good looks of the challenger front end because of the stupid license plate.

i took it of today just to see whats under exactly

FOUR HOLES BY THE DEALERSHIP.

i cant even take them off whenever i want because of this and need the Plate to cover it

did some searching and found out their should only be 2 marks or bumps or whatever for where to drill put by dodge.

but they took it to a new level and drilled 4.

i cant do **** about it because they do it to every car etc....

now i want the rods to balnce things out and gain that mean look again.

i know putting a whole splitter is almost pointless Performance wise and then have to worry about lower clearance.

anyone ever put rods just for the looks of it ?

where did you get them from and what do you guys think about doing this.

is it just plain stupid to put the rods alone?

have them connect to the front spoiler just for looks?

should i go for the whole thing with the splitter and lose clearance?

Does adding it look good that good that it is worth it?

what else beside APR splitter is there?

main questions : how stupid would it be to have rods holding factory chin just for the looks?

Opinions

See less See more
#2 ·
It’s your car so it’s your blank canvas to paint on. Do what you see as attractive, the rods do have a cool look to them. Everyone with a keyboard can post whatever they feel like even if they say no do what YOU want.

#3 ·
It’s your car so it’s your blank canvas to paint on. Do what you see as attractive, the rods do have a cool look to them.
Ya the whole thing with the splitter is it too much $ ...

Just asking for opinions man.

i think i will go with the rods attached to the factory chin since i have a feeling it will look good and fit right in.

and you didnt say it will look stupid lol.:ROFLMAO:

#4 ·
The rods are meant for the extra length of the chin spoiler so you may run into some fitment issues.

#7 ·
You mean buying raw plastic and cutting it to the shape you want and then mounting it? Interesting

ive never heard of this “abs plastic”

and ya as for rod sizes there are many ... 6” ,8” .... ill have to measure the car.

#8 ·
Personally, I think rods attached to the stock splitter would look odd, as they would be quite vertical

A Guy

#9 ·
i think i can get a smaller length rod and have it at an angle.

But ya , after seeing a lot of pics and vids ...it just looks good.

my dilemma now is where can i find one.

it will be my next mod along with stripes somehow , just wondering on how to get a splitter.

in the us you can have a cam , headers , exaust system , splitter delivered right to your door by a few clicks online.

thats something you wont find any where else in the world.

the us postal system is unbeatable. You guys should appreciate it more .

its 2020 and no where else does that without it being a hassle and not worth it or have the shipping be more expensive than the product it self.:ROFLMAO:

#10 ·
Most packages don't come via the postal service. UPS, Fedex, Amazon, etc. For a letter, you are correct though

A Guy

#11 · (Edited)
I know , in talking fedex charging stupid amount , if i order a book from amazon say for 20$. Since it is heavy being a book fedex will charge me 100$ easy to my door.

but in the us , you can have all what i mentioned , cam etc.... at your door for 100$ max , am i right or not?

and it wont be lost or delayed 99.9% of the time.

i tried for 5 years.... heck man, when i was in the us , i once ordered a pillow online lol ...us and i bet it was under 5$ for shipping.

do you know how much a pillow from the us to here would cost ? Because of size ... id say 300$.

i mean a can find pillows here so why order , im talking stuff you only find in the us.

shipping companies will rip you off more than any company on earth.

i mean their are certain items that you will not find unless you are in the us , for example most car related stuff.

shops here dont have any challenger splitters 100%. Why would they bring them if they prolly only sell 2 or 3.

annnnd back to rods and splitters lol.

#12 ·
Oh shipping there I agree, but that's more a matter of American car parts being available here. I'm sure things native to your region are expensive to ship here ;) No splitter rods in the Middle east

A Guy

#14 ·
The rods came with my APR Performance carbon fiber splitter, which is functional.

#15 · (Edited)
ya now im looking between apr , zl1 , downforce solutions splitters.

a question about the carbon fiber ...

is it easier to crack / break than the regular material which the factory lip is made from for example.

will it break at the first scrape or pot hole or is solid ? I mean is it any less solid than the other materials?

also how much ground clearance did you lose after the installation?

edit: question

here when you choose size

What does the number before lip refers too if the second number is thickness , what is the first one?

i emailed them last night waiting for a reply , but didnt ask these questions yet and thought you guys will know

#17 ·
The Challenger V10 Concept had rod splitters.

View attachment 997848
First Time i see this ... if only they made it instead of the hellcat “ supercharger” ,

i wouldve gotten one without thinking

i want N/A power ... superchargers dont work well or work at all in this part of the world due to the heat so i got the scatpack

man , imagine a v10 challenger ... why dodge , why

but i guess im headed in the right direction with the rods after all lol , if its good enough for a v10 challenger then im perfect with it:LOL::ROFLMAO:

#20 ·
Well the guard has been on since I got the car last summer, I am afraid what it might look like underneath so i have kept it on, I no there are lots of pro's and con's on it,. also I had to drill two holes for license plate there are pretty strict here in WA for a front plate
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Muscle car

#21 ·
There are pros for it? :)

A Guy

BTW your rods do look good mounted underneath like that

#26 ·
My rods are stainless steel and fully adjustable.

#30 ·
Glad to see you back on the forums after your wreck. I personally think the rods look awesome and currently waiting on mine to come in to put them on the splitter I put on a few weeks ago

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.