Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I searched this topic and could not come up with a specific answer to my question...What is the threshold of performance for a 2.75 exhaust ? In other words at how much HP does it become a restriction and a 3" exhaust is needed? I have the Corsa sport with no cats and Kooks 1 7/8 long tubes, and was just curios to see if one of you gear heads out there ever had a car on a dyno and played around with exhaust systems ?
Thanks !

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Any more input on this ? Examples ? Not disputing Modern Muscle at all, looks like I may be on the tipping point as I suspected. I have a 426 N/A with heads, no cats , 1 7/8 long tubes like I said, plus the Corsa. I would hate to make it any louder around town and I am also wondering if I could pick up a minor gain at the track with cut outs.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger SRT8
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I appreciate the input.

·
Super Moderator
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
In my case useing a blower with the stroker and no cats off of headers I have 3in mids and at the X pipe I reduced to 2.75 and went into stock SRT exhaust bottle mufflers to even keeping the resinators out back.
On the rollers, the set up above,,,it made more hp and Tq over my RT exhaust,
that was set up with no cats going into 44s and glasspacks out back useing stock RT pipe diameter. Just sayin......
FlatTop

1 - 6 of 6 Posts