Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I recently just inherited a Dodge Challenger SE from my grandfather who had passed awhile back. I’m wondering what performance mods there are out there for this model to improve throttle response and horsepower. I’m looking to make it as powerful as possible for my budget which is about 5k. I understand it’ll never be as fun as driving an SRT but there’s gotta be some performance parts out there to get somewhat close right? Lol

Thanks guys

·
Registered
2010 R/T Classic 6M
1,180 Posts
Hey all, I recently just inherited a Dodge Challenger SE from my grandfather who had passed awhile back. I’m wondering what performance mods there are out there for this model to improve throttle response and horsepower. I’m looking to make it as powerful as possible for my budget which is about 5k. I understand it’ll never be as fun as driving an SRT but there’s gotta be some performance parts out there to get somewhat close right? Lol

Thanks guys
It's got the 3.5l right? If it's the 3.5 I think you're outta luck unfortunately. Use it as a trade in for an R/T?

·
Registered
35 Posts
We have a 2010 SE and did a modified 5.7l engine swap in it. Take my advice, don't do this. Long story but I should have just traded it in on a v8. With that said you have a couple of options. Stay with 20" wheels, 22s take a bit more umf to get going then the 3.5 likes for a daily driver. Be sure and shop the forum classifieds eBay and Offerup for resale parts, this will save you a bundle.
I think a must for an SE.is a differential carrier swap to a 3.64 gear ratio. You can pick these up cheap on eBay. You will need a tuner to adjust the car for the gears so win win I feel. Check out this thread: Any write ups on swapping a 198 diff in an SE?
Cold Air Intake is good, I wouldn't go crazy.cost wise here but air in, air out is what an engine is all about lol.
Dual Magnaflo exhaust will help it breath and sound better, flowmasters always are to soft for me.You can pick up a brand new full RT brake setup on eBay for about 500, that's calipers, rotors and everything you need to get.her stopped. Eiback pro springs will bring it down a littlw and handle better but if you can get coilovers go that route first, they are the.best. I ported my throttle body.myself with a laplace wheel which is easy to do. From there, throw in a smokin stereo and it should be pretty kick ass ride.

Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts