16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2018 TA392 my current performance includes:
Stainless Corsa long tube headers
Stainless Borla ATAK full bolt on.
BBK 90mm throttle body
Catch Can
Full cold air intake Stock
Diablo Trinity monitoring currently. Waiting on Diablo Trinity w/PCM swap in the mail.
Not sure how I want to setup for; track or drag or both.
I also have Andersen Composit side skirts, diffuser and waiting for ACR splitter, and wide body kit.
I will stay fully aspirated until I go SC
For now I want to go into my crank.
Any ideas with a build for my car I appreciate?
I also am looking at Air lift so any ideas on that I also will look at.

·
Registered
30 Posts
before going to sc it is essential to forged pistons, they are very fragile, I broke mine only with bolt o and camshaft stage 3

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mmx, hhp, summit, jegs
I bought mine at summit, I found them in another cheaper place and asked for a price match and they accepted

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,507 Posts
before going to sc it is essential to forged pistons, they are very fragile, I broke mine only with bolt o and camshaft stage 3
Most piston failures on SC 6.4 (same holds true for NA applications) are usually attributed to insufficient fueling in the tune or not having injectors/fuel pump that can keep up with fueling needs. Mixture goes lean, rings expand, ring gaps close and cause the piston landing to fail as the top ring sits pretty close to the top of the piston for emission purposes. I would not say they are fragile but instead they are not as forgiving to lean fuel conditions as say a 5.7.

Also depending on the type of forge pistons you go with you can have tuning issues as they can be noisy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts