Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just pulled the trigger on these, should fit inside the fender. Throwing some 255/45ZR20 on them. Stand by for updates..

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Do you know that these wheels will fit with that BIG of an offset? The wheel is pretty much all under your car with a 40 mm offset. We are talking about a Challenger, right??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you know that these wheels will fit with that BIG of an offset? The wheel is pretty much all under your car with a 40 mm offset. We are talking about a Challenger, right??
Dodge is lying about stock wheels being 5.75 inch back spacing,, It's actually @ 6.4
inches.. These petrols are @ 6.37 backspacing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They look incredible, are these available in 5x115?? So hard finding good wheels for my 2017
114.3 bolt pattern. Offset lug nuts available everywhere. Opens up the options for wheels. The rear offset is what is hard to find.. 8.5" wheels need a 40 to 45 offset to keep the backspacing close to the factory wheels. 9" wheels stick out to far if you do lowering springs, in my opinion :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mind sharing the links where you got everything? Want to price it out
Some people don't use the wobble nuts. Half a millimeter over 115 millimeter distance is almost unmeasurable, and they take the risk of stressing to studs that small amount. But here is a site you can buy those.. PCD Adjusting "Wobble" Lug Nuts by Perfectly Tight

I bought my wheels through a local shop, but you can get them from the link I posted earlier. Petrol Wheels & Petrol Rims & Tire Packages on Sale!
Or just google Petrol wheels.

The tires I really like. Can get three sets of these for the price of good Michelins. They used to be partnered with Cooper, but got big enough to go it alone. Supposedly the 27th biggest tire manufacturer in the world now. They also get real good reviews.. I'm sold, never buying that expensive stuff again, at least not on the GT.
Kenda kr400 -- Amazon.com: 255/45-20 Kenda Vezda UHP A/S KR400 All Season Tire 500AAA 105W 255 45 20: Automotive

The lowering kit is Eibach

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wow thanks so much for sharing that information. I never heard of wobble bolts until now. What size bolts did you go with, I see they have 3 sizes available

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow thanks so much for sharing that information. I never heard of wobble bolts until now. What size bolts did you go with, I see they have 3 sizes available
The wheel shop I bought the wheels from supplied them. I was just showing you the type of lug nut that is available. I looked at my sales bill and it didn't show the brand on there. Gotta do some homework, I didn't do this overnight. Spent a few months looking for wheels on the internet then loaded up the wife and went to a real shop. Never heard of petrol wheels until the sales person started searching 40mm offset. They introduced me to those tires also. Rimz To Go | Colorado Springs, CO Wheels, Tires, and Wheel Repair Shop

A few thing to consider, The angle the lowering springs put on the shafts is gonna wear out the rubber boots, and probably the u-joints/cv joints a lot faster than normal. You won't be able to get back to a factory wheel alignment, but it's very close. Other than that, it definitely wakes the look of the car up.

This is the wife's car, I gotta do the little things for her.. lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So, she picked up a nail, took the wheel off and they didn't use the wobbles on mine.. No big deal that difference is so small I didn't even notice when I tightened them down..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i have these in my shopping cart its 20x9.5 the biggest offset unfortunately is only 15 will these fit?
Find an offset calculator on google. Put in the stock 7.5" , 55 offset, you get @6.4" back spacing. Then put in the 9.5 at 15 offset and see what backspacing you get.. You need to stay close to the 6.4 inches of back spacing. If you plan on lowering the car, you will destroy the fenders if you hit a bump.. That's why I went with the 8.5".. Gotta work with the limitations of the car, it will always be a GT. You have to stay with the same wheels front and rear, it will set off codes if you have skinnier wheels in the front. I wouldn't do 9.5". It would wander all over going down the road.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Find an offset calculator on google. Put in the stock 7.5" , 55 offset, you get @6.4" back spacing. Then put in the 9.5 at 15 offset and see what backspacing you get.. You need to stay close to the 6.4 inches of back spacing. If you plan on lowering the car, you will destroy the fenders if you hit a bump.. That's why I went with the 8.5".. Gotta work with the limitations of the car, it will always be a GT. You have to stay with the same wheels front and rear, it will set off codes if you have skinnier wheels in the front. I wouldn't do 9.5". It would wander all over going down the road. View attachment 996578
ok i im gonna do that now, thanks boss..what if i don't plan on lowering the car, do you think it would be ok then? I'm gonna keep looking to see if i can find the hellcat style in 8.5 just to be safe my plan is to go 245 or 255s all the way around

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok i im gonna do that now, thanks boss..what if i don't plan on lowering the car, do you think it would be ok then? I'm gonna keep looking to see if i can find the hellcat style in 8.5 just to be safe my plan is to go 245 or 255s all the way around
I don't know why you don't do these Petrol wheels, you're not in the same city as me, I think they look great..

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,727 Posts
You can add lower offsets, but they will stick out a bit

If lowering, that could be an issue, but

A Guy

Reactions: Wulf Supercharged
1 - 20 of 21 Posts