Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.........New guy here...... Has anyone installed the SRT spoiler
that Petty sells? They look hot, but not real sure about having to have my trunk holes filled and repainted....

·
Banned
117 Posts
That has to be the most cheesiest spoiler I have ever seen. Looks like old man Petty went to home depot, got some aluminum sheets, went home, cut and bent the metal and screwed it on the back with five self tapping screws.
This old fart should get shot for doing this to a challenger and for trying to pass this Nascar junk to make some money.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
They had a black Petty car at a dealer here. Got to say the spoiler threw me off a little. The screws looked a bit like doot. SC to 600hp 5.7 was nice as was the shifter. Price...76,xxx < your payin for the name. Some dude with a Viper picked it up for over 80 out the door. I would'nt kick it out of the garage though, if I had a few million bucks. I would take the Hurst first.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Having seen the black petty challenger in person a couple times, it really looks fantastic in person. Very NASCAR and it makes the car IMO. Guess you either love it or hate it.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
That has to be the most cheesiest spoiler I have ever seen. Looks like old man Petty went to home depot, got some aluminum sheets, went home, cut and bent the metal and screwed it on the back with five self tapping screws.
This old fart should get shot for doing this to a challenger and for trying to pass this Nascar junk to make some money.
You're obviously not from NC... Here in NASCAR country that is THE look for most cars, not usually on a Challenger granted but still on a bunch of different cars.:smokin:

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Well, I'm from NC, and I think it looks OK at best. I would much rather have the Hurst rear spoiler...

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Well, I'm from NC, and I think it looks OK at best. I would much rather have the Hurst rear spoiler...
I would go Hurst too but the "NASCAR" look is all over the place here, that's all I was saying.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I like it alot, but I'm not giving up my spoiler for one ;)
If you have the Hurst spoiler then I wouldn't give that up, unless you want to sell it to me.:bigthumb:
Hurst has the best looking spoiler for this car in my opinion. I don't like the boyish flip tail.

·
Registered
534 Posts
If you have the Hurst spoiler then I wouldn't give that up, unless you want to sell it to me.:bigthumb:
Hurst has the best looking spoiler for this car in my opinion. I don't like the boyish flip tail.
I have the original 3-piece Hurst spoiler. They have since replaced it with a 1-piece, but I like mine better. Here's a pic:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thanks for the link. I am no relation but Petty is my last name. I may have to get me one of the Dodge by Petty badges. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts