That's why I want one of the Petty braces. I just don't really like the look of the Mopar that much. He built his name around racing Mopars, I know the engineering and testing behind Petty's parts will be the best.Personally, I would go with the double.
I have the Mopar on the front, but IMO, the Petty rear 4 point is what I consider the best design/quality on the market.
Hard to beat the quality of Petty bracing, and they are good folks to deal with,
I received the brace today. First off it looks top notch. Fit and finish is amazing. And obviously, I had to install it right when I got home from work. Install went very well, and is super simple. As I haven’t seen anyone put how to install this in a thread figured I would.
1. Remove old nuts and strut covers, then put masking tape over the cowl brace.
2. Year for the brace, then tighten down the bolts and mark the center hole on the cowl.
3. Now remove the brace and drill the hole. First all the way through with a 1/4” drill bit. Then just the first side with a 5/16” drill bit. (I went up to a 21/64” because the shoulder bolt was too large to fit in the 5/16” hole. Bolt measured 0.318” so it wouldn’t fit, no big deal, just went 1/64” bigger.)
4. Then reinstall the brace, and put the center shoulder bolt in and torque to 15 ft-lb, it was a socket head cap screw so I didn’t have anything to torque it with. Just made it to what I think would be good. I’ll recheck after I make a trip to harbor frieght and get a set of standard hex sockets.
5. Install the six strut bolts and torque to 35 ft-lbs
This went super quick. With my wife’s help, I finished in about 30 minutes. Here’s some pics of the results. I ordered it in Tor-red and it looks like the same exact color Brembo uses on the brakes. I wish my catch can was a lighter shade of red but oh well. I would recccomend this brace just on ease of install alone. I’ve heard horror stories about the speedlogox brace and am so glad I bought the double brace from Petty.
Yes. And contrary to what everyone says they werr able to be reinstalled without modification. Take a look at the pics, there is one with them installed on it.