Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
One of our suppliers has a product they want to bring to market for the 2018 Challenger with active exhaust.
We have been selling a product for the Corvette and Camaro for over 10 years called a Mild2Wild.
This switch allows you to open and close the valves located on the mufflers that control where the exhaust gas exits.
With Dodge finally adding this feature to the new Challengers they want to start selling this great product.
Here is a video of how it installs and how it works on a Camaro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=sm9oSMhWspU

What they need is someone who lives in the NE Ohio area that would be willing to let them borrow their car
for a day so that they can build a kit that works for the Challenger.
They are willing to pay them $250.00 cash and give them the Mild2Wild to keep.
If anyone is willing to help out please contact us via e-mail or PM here on the forum.

Thanks so much,
PFYC:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
Hello,
One of our suppliers has a product they want to bring to market for the 2018 Challenger with active exhaust.
We have been selling a product for the Corvette and Camaro for over 10 years called a Mild2Wild.
This switch allows you to open and close the valves located on the mufflers that control where the exhaust gas exits.
With Dodge finally adding this feature to the new Challengers they want to start selling this great product.
Here is a video of how it installs and how it works on a Camaro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=sm9oSMhWspU

What they need is someone who lives in the NE Ohio area that would be willing to let them borrow their car
for a day so that they can build a kit that works for the Challenger.
They are willing to pay them $250.00 cash and give them the Mild2Wild to keep.
If anyone is willing to help out please contact us via e-mail or PM here on the forum.

Thanks so much,
PFYC:thumbsup:
Hi Brian,

Would theses take the place of the exhaust valves that Dodge put in the exhaust or would they be an add on type of deal? Replacing the active exhaust valves would be sweet, especially if it let us control the opening and closing of them and not get any codes. Also, is it only for 2018 Challengers or will it work on 2015+ years too?

You've peaked my curiosity and I wish that I lived in that area to take advantage of this deal.

Please keep us updated. :cheers:

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Brian,

Would theses take the place of the exhaust valves that Dodge put in the exhaust or would they be an add on type of deal? Replacing the active exhaust valves would be sweet, especially if it let us control the opening and closing of them and not get any codes. Also, is it only for 2018 Challengers or will it work on 2015+ years too?

You've peaked my curiosity and I wish that I lived in that area to take advantage of this deal.

Please keep us updated. :cheers:
Hello,
The Mild2Wild does not replace the factory installed exhaust valves at the mufflers it allows you to manually control them.
So instead of going through multiple screens and submenus you simply push the button on the remote to open and close them.
The Mild 2Wild switch should work on any Challenger equipped with the active exhaust option.

Brian

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
I would double check the functionality of the '15+ active system because it is my understanding that by just simply pushing the "sport" button in our cars, it accomplishes the same thing or close to it.

·
Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker, 2010 Plum Crazy R/T Classic, 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
1,935 Posts
I would double check the functionality of the '15+ active system because it is my understanding that by just simply pushing the "sport" button in our cars, it accomplishes the same thing or close to it.
All of the Active Exhaust equipped Challengers open up to about 75% when using the Sport Button. I am wondering if this product opens the valve/butterfly 100% or not on the press of a button?

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,138 Posts
Hello,
The Mild2Wild does not replace the factory installed exhaust valves at the mufflers it allows you to manually control them.
So instead of going through multiple screens and submenus you simply push the button on the remote to open and close them.
The Mild 2Wild switch should work on any Challenger equipped with the active exhaust option.

Brian
Thanks for the info! :cheers:

Like I said, I wish that I was in that area, but no such luck! I can say though that if it works through a switch and could keep them open or closed on demand, I'd buy one (price dependent of course).

Will this bypass any commands that the computer tells them? For example: If I push the button to open them, will they stay open no matter what the computer tells them to do or would it be fight between them? I just want everything to just get along and do as they're told! :D

I know a couple of Guys with your product on their Vettes and they are Happy with how they work, but I've found out that Dodge and GM work differently. Dodge is a bit more tight lipped when it comes to their coding. I hope that you can make this work because it would be cool to be able to control the AES valves.

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info! :cheers:

Like I said, I wish that I was in that area, but no such luck! I can say though that if it works through a switch and could keep them open or closed on demand, I'd buy one (price dependent of course).

Will this bypass any commands that the computer tells them? For example: If I push the button to open them, will they stay open no matter what the computer tells them to do or would it be fight between them? I just want everything to just get along and do as they're told! :D

I know a couple of Guys with your product on their Vettes and they are Happy with how they work, but I've found out that Dodge and GM work differently. Dodge is a bit more tight lipped when it comes to their coding. I hope that you can make this work because it would be cool to be able to control the AES valves.

With the chevy stuff there is no arguing between the Mild2Wild and the computer but like you said you never know.
That is why we want to get a Challenger into the shop so they can figure out if it will work or not.

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is why they need a car in the shop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wish this was posted last December because I was in your neck of the woods picking up my new R/T.

I'd be interested in purchasing this if it turns out to work.

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry.. I just re-read the post.. My Scat Pack is a2016

Hello,
Thanks for the offer. As of right now, they have someone bringing in a car this week.
If something happens and they can not make it we will let you know.

Thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hello,

Brian
With the Zautomotive Tazer, I just set the startup drive mode to Track and the exhaust valves stay open. No multiple screens and sub-menus to go through

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
This new product sounds all well and good but what SHOULD be brought to the aftermarket is Drag's City Supercharger Control Box aka "Black Box". Having a out of control SC is not a fun thing on a street car. Drag City took it upon himself to fix a problem he was having after installing a SC on his SRT 6.1, SC surging. Happens a lot out here on the street, the "Black Box" puts the driver back in control of how his engine reacts. But hey what do I know I've just used it for years with nothing but complete happiness, don't worry be happy!

·
Vendor
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Does anyone hear a difference in their exhaust tone/note with the sport button on or off?
The manufacturer installed a system in a Scat Pack and an R/T and did not really notice a difference in the exhaust sound.
With the Corvettes and Camaros, you could clearly hear a difference.
Is there something going on that they should know about?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts