Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to share my experience with the guys at Grille Technologies. These guys know their grilles! I just ordered a 2 piece phantom billet grille kit in matte black for my 15 Challenger hemi. This was BY FAR the cleanest grille kit on the market and wanted to hook those guys up with some exposure on here!

Here is the link for those that want to see the photos...

2016 Dodge Challenger 2Pc Phantom Combo Billet Grille Kit

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Wanted to share my experience with the guys at Grille Technologies. These guys know their grilles! I just ordered a 2 piece phantom billet grille kit in matte black for my 15 Challenger hemi. This was BY FAR the cleanest grille kit on the market and wanted to hook those guys up with some exposure on here!

Here is the link for those that want to see the photos...

Looks nice, I wonder if you still have to drill, though.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Drilling would be a huge no no for me. THat's the reason I never put a Billet grille on my F-150 despite some of them looking really badass.

·
Registered
2021 Charger SPWB
4,064 Posts
I had a black painted billet grill on my GT and the paint got nicked from rocks getting kicked up into it. If they're powder coated, maybe that would it more durable. IDK if they are though.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,808 Posts
That would look great on my blacked out car. But I wonder about installation. As others have mentioned, drilling would make me cringe. Since I suspect the original poster (1 post) was from the manufacturer, perhaps they can share the installation instructions?

A Guy

·
Registered
814 Posts

This is me on a 14. Didn't drill any holes but installation was a gigantic pain in the ass.

Mine came painted black and not powder coated so yes, little road pebbles will chip them but nothing a little touch up won't cover.

I'm looking for the new phantom grills for the '17 since I'm upgrading.

Why is there a need to drill now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,808 Posts
We are asking if you have to drill? No instructions listed anywhere. Especially on the 2015-2016's. The T-Rex are powder coated, but flat black. But, if they come only with that huge T-Rex badge on them, no thanks.

Dodge Challenger - Black Powder Coated - Phantom Style - Laser Billet - Main Grille Overlay - Pt # 6214191

The Grille Technology it's not stated if painted or powder coated, but they come in flat or Gloss, so I am assuming painted. No honking big logo, lol

A Guy

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does this type of grille affect the visibility from your headlights in any way?

·
Registered
2014 Shaker Boosted 392 Stroker M6
3,176 Posts
No drilling, no logo, powder coated flat black billet aluminum, now that would get my attention!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts