Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the phantom grilles but couldn't find one I like so I made my own.. this is a pic of my 1st attempt but have recently purchased newer material for a second attemp that will be stonger and fit better than this one. So if you have a phantom grill on your Challenger lets see it...

and yes it just an overlay but I did remove the bezels afrom the headlights ....

·
Registered
955 Posts
Any close-ups on the pattern? Where did you get it and how much did you spend? I was considering doing something similar with chicken-wire over the stock grill (not phantom style), but wasn't liking the durability of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any close-ups on the pattern? Where did you get it and how much did you spend? I was considering doing something similar with chicken-wire over the stock grill (not phantom style), but wasn't liking the durability of it.

Sorry I have nothing closer when I get the new one finished I'll post some pics of it uninstalled...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not really a phantom grill, but thought I would share in case it interests anyone. After losing one of my GTS headlight covers, I decided to make my own by using the cover that was left to cut some plexiglass from the local hardware store. They didn't have any smoke color so I went with clear. Then just put some pinstripe tape over them. Now, I don't have to keep taking the covers off when driving at night. I also painted the grill surround part black.

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
955 Posts
Not really a phantom grill, but thought I would share in case it interests anyone. After losing one of my GTS headlight covers, I decided to make my own by using the cover that was left to cut some plexiglass from the local hardware store. They didn't have any smoke color so I went with clear. Then just put some pinstripe tape over them. Now, I don't have to keep taking the covers off when driving at night. I also painted the grill surround part black.
That's a very convincing replica. Nice work.

·
Registered
413 Posts

i absolutely love this is there any way you can make a how to for these i love that you will still be able to use these at night

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Awesome ingenuity! Love seeing other members using their creativity to make something unique. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I love the look of the phantom grilles but couldn't find one I like so I made my own.. this is a pic of my 1st attempt but have recently purchased newer material for a second attemp that will be stonger and fit better than this one. So if you have a phantom grill on your Challenger lets see it...

and yes it just an overlay but I did remove the bezels afrom the headlights ....

What did you use for material and how did you get it to stay? Looks SWEET!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts