Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Whether you think this is oversized and way too big for it’s own good, it is still one beautiful automobile. Remember guys, all the right people are reading our comments so we should be as supportive as possible. When my ’05 Mustang is parked next to a ’67, it is much larger also. In fact I would say it’s the same difference as the Challenger Concept is to the ’70 model. If you take any make and model today and compare it with the same make and model from 15 or 20 years ago, you would see a noticeable size difference. Today’s cars are just made bigger and bulkier than before. Hey DCX, I love this car!

·
Banned
91 Posts
Supportive is great, but DCX ought to be held to a higher standard than this. They can do better and should be encourged to do better.
Just my personal opinion but the new Challenger is to Barry Bond's head now as the old Challenger is to Barry Bond's head about 1990. It is just too big looking.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
am i wrong, or does it look like some of those shots have the aluminum wheels polished to look like chrome? this car was the biggest of the ponycars back in the day and i would expect it to be today as well. thats part of its character. this car is still gonna be extremely fast.

·
Registered
492 Posts
challengerbabe...

It's centered...it's just the angle at which the photo was taken, which might make it appear otherwise. ;)

BDW...

I believe they're forged polished aluminum...like the 'SRT-8' wheels. :cool:

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
ahh ok, i see. i havent got to see the challenger in person yet, but did see an SRT Charger at the pittsburgh car show, and i remember those wheels.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  • BigDaddyWiz said:
    ahh ok, i see. i havent got to see the challenger in person yet, but did see an SRT Charger at the pittsburgh car show, and i remember those wheels.
  • Great Eye ! I missed that, they probably stuck the smaller srt-8 Wheels on so they could drive it without rubbing the fender-wells.
  • If you look close the posts on the wheels are Solid unlike the original wheels at the auto show. see above post for comparison.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Umm.. looking at those rims they definately aren't the trade show rims. And they don't look lost in the wheel wells either. I have no idea why they didn't use them to begin with as they probably give a more accurate view of what it would look like in the show room and don't look so absurd.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
what size were the SRT Charger rims btw? 19? cause they do still look good on the car, maybe even a little better in my opinion.

·
Registered
492 Posts
The concept's staggered 20" (front) & 21" (rear) tire/wheel set-up gave them some real problems during DCX's recent Edmunds publicity/media event in SoCal. I believe that DCX decided to go ahead and utilize this style 20" wheel front/rear this time around to help avoid any driveability problems....especially with regard to the rear drive axle. ;)

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
oh ok, makes sense. we will still probably see 18 or 19 inch wheels on the production model i would think. what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
492 Posts
BigDaddyWiz said:
oh ok, makes sense. we will still probably see 18 or 19 inch wheels on the production model i would think. what are your thoughts?
Merely speculation, mind you, but I'd like to see the production model come with the Charger 'SRT-8' classic five-spoke forged polished aluminum wheels...like those seen in the 'Charger SRT' rally car photo above. Depending upon model specifics, DCX might produce the production 'Challenger' with 18's - with 20's as an optional upgrade. :cool:

Personally, I'm not fond of 17's, 19's nor anything larger than 20" tires/wheels. I'm currently running 20" tires/wheels on my '300' and they handle/fit well and look appropriate to the vehicle's size. IMO, the 21's on the rear of the 'Challenger' are too large, both from an aesthetic and functional standpoint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
damn thats good they r lucky to drive the challenger. im going to open a website and ask dodge to give me the challenger to drive it and take pictures.

dont worry i'll call u guyz just to see it not drive it .lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Abood Alwan said:
damn thats good they r lucky to drive the challenger. im going to open a website and ask dodge to give me the challenger to drive it and take pictures.

dont worry i'll call u guyz just to see it not drive it .lol
Sounds fair enough to me...lol. :D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Mr.DJ said:
challengerbabe...

It's centered...it's just the angle at which the photo was taken, which might make it appear otherwise. ;)

BDW...

I believe they're forged polished aluminum...like the 'SRT-8' wheels. :cool:

I really like these hollowed concept wheels ! I hope they make them smaller for the production vehicles; that is if :D DCX :D really wants to ' Hit It ' ! Also, I'm wondering if the hollowed wheels have a designed :cool: cooling effect on the Bremo -looking rotors ? Does anyone have an answer to this ?:confused:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts