Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Re: hot new pics of the challenger concept!!

I hope they hurry up and build that car!! I gotta have it!!;)

·
Premium Member
5 Posts

Nice avatar of The Maxx there Ebb... pretty cool. Thought I was the only one
who ever watched that show.

·
Registered
6 Posts

I really hope they are moving forward on it right now!! I know they have a show to do in January, but if it is going to make it in a nice time frame, they should be setting up production contracts now!!!

Todd

·
Registered
973 Posts

WhiteDiamond said:
I really hope they are moving forward on it right now!! I know they have a show to do in January, but if it is going to make it in a nice time frame, they should be setting up production contracts now!!!

Todd
This is what I'm concerned about also. If the car won't be produced for 2-3 years, I'll probably pass. There hopefully should be some production info coming from the auto show in Detroit next month. But knowing DCX, they'll say it is still a concept.

We can only hope for good news next month.

·
Registered
748 Posts

I am OWNED!

If Chrysler doesn't build this car, then it would be the meanest trick ever pulled on me in recent years. I am really getting my hopes up for this car AND THERE IS NO REASON THEY CAN'T BUILD IT.

I am praying this is not just a design study but that this is very similar to the production version of the car. Obviously, this car is very buildable. There doesn't appear to be anything prohibitive, difficult or costly about either the engineering or manufacturing.

I am SO getting my hopes up over this car. Where is that flooding-the-room-with-drool smilie?

·
Registered
1 Posts

Seeing the "price quote" of only 28k for the 425hp variant, has made me 2nd guess my tenative pre-ordering of the GT500. Only 25hp less for 12k less.

·
Registered
77 Posts

OMG guys! im soo in love with this car i got to have it now!!

·
Registered
24 Posts

All I need to know is where to send my money! 2 years? Are you kidding me?
I can't wait that long to blow the doors off my brother's '06 Mustang GT.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Talkin to my brother with the '06 Mustang over the holiday. Told him I'm definately getting the Hemi Challenger. He then decided he has to upgrade his Mustang to a Cobra in 2 years just so he has a fighting chance against the Hemi. Let the "CAR WARS" begin, again!

·
Registered
14 Posts

My Grandfather was a Chrysler executive in the 60's/70's and growing up I was a Mopar freak. Having said that, IMO the new Charger is an abmomination of design. Instead of tweaking the front end of the Charger concept car, which looked much closer to the '60's design, they created this Edsel slab of meat. The SRT/8 maybe be a go fast machine, but it's like putting a dress and lipstick on Milton Berle. It doesn't help much.

Hopefully Dodge will take a cue out of Ford's Mustang playbook and build a Challenger worthy of the original. The spy photos I've seen on this site are very encouraging. In fact this new Challenger is so hot looking I'd be happy to trade-in my amazingly fast '05 GTO for one.

Dodge, I'm begging you not to screw this up. Go with this design and sell it as soon as possible. You'll have a lot of former Mopar lovers switching back over if you do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts