Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Re: Picture- hrm....

thet's a real sweet lookin' 72-74 (I can't tell from the angle) Chally. what lie under de hood?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts

71 bee said:
thet's a real sweet lookin' 72-74 (I can't tell from the angle) Chally. what lie under de hood?
I'm guessing 73 by the liscense plate.:D I like the old "Sad Mouth" Challengers too, a little different.;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Close, it's a 74' Challenger 360 4-barrel. Dad bought it new in 73'. He has all the original papers and purchase numbers, also it is all numbers matching:D . He drove it untill I think it was 88'. In which it's been in storage under cover in our warehouse. Every year since he's started it and ran 1/4 tank of gas through it, even had it serviced this year, oil changed, tranny fluids etc. Dad wants to restore it but he always takes a long time to get things done like that, or has to 'think' about it...lol. If he doesn't restore it, It's going to be given to me and Im going to restore it for sure! I would love to drive this on the road! Maybe I'll go and take some more pics of it and post them:cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yea, lol, I meant to say 360, not sure why I said 340.( Changed it already ) Just DL'in a bunch of Pictures now, so they should be up in 10-20 minutes or so!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Here are the Pics! 15 of them.

This is where she sleeps for now.

Uncovered.

Front Picture.

Another Front Picture.

Hood Picture.

Engine Type.

The Engine.

Rear Picture.

Driver Rear Picture.

Driver Door.

Interior through Driver Side.

Dash.

Pistol Grip Shifter.

Rear Seat.

An Original RoadRunner Sticker I found in the arm rest compartment.

http://i7.photobucket.com/alb

·
Registered
492 Posts

'74...my favorite year. Please upload these photos to our forum's Photo Gallery, so that they'll be more readily accessible for others to view and enjoy. I certainly hope that you do eventually have that car restored, as it'll be worth even more...if done right. Thanks for the photos. :cool:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mr.DJ said:
'74...my favorite year. Please upload these photos to our forum's Photo Gallery, so that they'll be more readily accessible for others to view and enjoy. I certainly hope that you do eventually have that car restored, as it'll be worth even more...if done right. Thanks for the photos. :cool:
Thanks, If my dad doesn't restore it, then I for sure am going to. Once Im done college (2-3 year course), which I should be starting this september. And start working full time for my dad, i'll start restoring or atleast start planning in detail for it's restoration.

·
Registered
712 Posts

Wow, 74 E bodies are rare enough - one with a 360 and 4-speed, though, that's one ultra-rare beast.

The 70-71s have always gotten the glory while it seems like for the longest time the 72-74s got little respect - but I certainly see that changing now. Take care of that one - even though it may not have the cache of a Hemi or a big-block, it's at least as worthy in my book. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Yea, I really want to restore it. How much would anyone guess would it cost to restore this car? Judging from the pic's on the first post. Needs some slight body work, new paint, engine and tranny rebuild, interior redone.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

TheChallenger said:
Yea, I really want to restore it. How much would anyone guess would it cost to restore this car? Judging from the pic's on the first post. Needs some slight body work, new paint, engine and tranny rebuild, interior redone.

Just try to get on overhaulin!! That will take care of it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

allhemi said:
Just try to get on overhaulin!! That will take care of it!
lol....funny you said that, cause we actually applied for the show, but never heard anything back.:(

·
Registered
492 Posts

TheChallenger said:
lol....funny you said that, cause we actually applied for the show, but never heard anything back.:(
Maybe that's a good thing, as I'd much prefer for it to be 'restored' back to original 'showroom' condition, as opposed to being transformed into a 'custom car'...but maybe that's just me. ;)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Mr.DJ said:
Maybe that's a good thing, as I'd much prefer for it to be 'restored' back to original 'showroom' condition, as opposed to being transformed into a 'custom car'...but maybe that's just me. ;)
Yea, Im definatly with you on that, while what Chip Foose does is awsome, I'd rather have this car restored to the original look, maybe some different wheels tho(maybe!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

rodkil1 said:
Great car. Are you planning on restoring her yourself or paying someone to do it?

Um...will mostlikly get someone else to do it, not sure if it will be an all at once, or step by step restore( body, interior, engine/tranny etc )

1 - 20 of 22 Posts