Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for photos of black challengers with hood stripes. Wanting to throw some on my R/T but not sure what color. So if you have any photos of a black challenger please post them.

I have googled it and seen all that are in google images. Just not sure what color I want to do. If anyone has photos of stripes on the trunk and spoiler post those too. Thanks in advance.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,956 Posts
That looks really nice! Blue is a good color that you hardly see on black cars.

If you go to the right shop they can make it any color you want. I had stripes put on a car by a place in Chicago and they showed me a paint chip board with hundreds of colors and I picked one and they printed it on a special printer. Once it was printed they ran it thorough another machine that put the clear coat on. This way you could get exactly the color you want and the right shade without having to go with stock colors. Just an idea...

In my opinion, the blue I posted is just a bit too light for me, but if you find the right shop they can make it any shade of blue you can imagine.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
here is a couple...

Attachments

Reactions: SteelGuitarBarber

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Would you please show a picture of the top of the car. I see you have a sunroof and I wanted to see how it looks with the stripes. Thank you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just had red MOPAR (matches the leather interior) stripes put on my black challenger. I haven't seen any with the MOPAR stripes, but I they look great. When I get it from the shop tomorrow i will post a picture.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I look forward to seeing that xandarajax3. Sound nice.

Yeah man. The stripes were a Christmas present and cost them $50 which I thought seemed very cheap; however, they are rated for 5-7 years though. $125 install cost as well. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
‘13 Challenger SRT 6M
2,817 Posts
Reactions: QCBlacktopRT13

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone done silver R/T stripes on black? My car's black-berry, so a real dark blue rather than a true black. But really hard to tell that from any distance if it's clean and waxed. Black/Blue is a really cool combo, but Dark Blue/vibrant blue might be a bit much for me; hence the silver :D. I'm not a huge believer in stripes/graphics, but there's just too much real estate on this dang car :D :D

The SRT stripes look awesome, Teddy. Do you have any inclined side shots where you can still see them? I'm curious how the gleams on the corners show up compared to the striping reflection

TCB

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pdx2ss those look great. How hard were they to put on?

I have done many stripes so it was not too hard. Hardest part was forming around the spoiler and bumper. As a first timer it may be a bit of a challenge. There are probably a lot of good YouTube videos out there that will give you tips or tricks to installing it. I usually just mask the edge where I want my stripe to sit against and then install them wet so there is almost 0 chance of screwing them up.

·
Registered
329 Posts
What so you guys thing about PCP color stripes on black?. I have the blacktop stripes in from the factory, but I think I want something a little more unique.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts