Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have to get the rear tailights smoked also. It was probably the best thing I liked at the SEMA show that was done to the Challys. I think it would also look great to do the side marker lights front and rear.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I will have that done soon.....

·
Premium Member
4,024 Posts
OK ASSA, your hemi orange srt goes first, then my hemi orange r/t... Roxie (if you havnt changed her name yet) will look beautiful :bigthumb::bigthumb:
It's still Roxie... and Roxie she will remain! The guys in that other thread helped me realize her name is PERFECT! :bigthumb:

[email protected] Performance
totally interested!

·
Registered
716 Posts
I just got an estimate from a local body shop who didnt appear to have very much experience smoking out lights.

$63 materials
$118 labor

Too rich for my blood. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
My guy has done a lot of them and did a hell of a job........$90.00 out the door. Call around Im sure someone local can get close to this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Buy VHT- Nite Shades Tint Spray(Black Out Tail Light) & Other Car Accessories at ShopCustomCreations.com

This is what you use to tint your tail lights. Keep in mind that it is illegal to tint your tail lights not to mention, potentionally unsafe. I am willing to wager that the OP will receive at least one ticket within the first year. If the car is involved in an accident you can almost be assured that the tinted tail lights will be brought up if relevant.

If you are in a state that does yearly inspections, good luck.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Buy VHT- Nite Shades Tint Spray(Black Out Tail Light) & Other Car Accessories at ShopCustomCreations.com

This is what you use to tint your tail lights. Keep in mind that it is illegal to tint your tail lights not to mention, potentionally unsafe. I am willing to wager that the OP will receive at least one ticket within the first year. If the car is involved in an accident you can almost be assured that the tinted tail lights will be brought up if relevant.

If you are in a state that does yearly inspections, good luck.
I would NOT purchase this, you will not be happy with the end result, spend the money and take to someone that will dot it correctly. Just my .02

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have used it on back up lenses. It works well. Do you have direct experience with the product or are you just making a generalized statement based off your assumption that the results may not be good?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Looks nice on the black and silver. I can't decide if it would look as good on mine, especially since living in the NW I wouldn't do the back up lens. I need that light a bright as possible with all the rain!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Yes I have used it and like products, you can not get the same look that you can with a pro setup. You will "most likely" see diffent shades in areas when the light shines through. Trust me if you want it done right go to a paint and body shop. The hardener in a can is not the same, it will scratch much easier.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Thank you, I need to post another pic that shows the side markers as I have now done those as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey BHMeyers,

I was dubious as to whether I would like your smoked lights (my mind immediately jumps to the thought of an old Trans Am), but they look outstanding! (Then again, I thought Trans Ams were pretty cool when I was a kid, so you get a sense of where I'm coming from... LOL.)

It really makes your black car look sinister.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think some sequential turn signals (a la Mercury Cougar) would be a nice complement to the blackout treatment. Cougar lights were never smoked, but they always looked neat when they lit up.

Chris

61 - 80 of 98 Posts