Dodge Challenger Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
So where are the orange car pics?

I actually made a thread asking about this a couple months ago, because it's one of the first mods I wanted to do on my orange but I want to make sure it will look good. Still haven't seen one other than a PS.

There is a body shop right down the street that can probably do it real cheap for me too (since I'm the reason he bought his Chally, after driving mine). :p

·
Registered
262 Posts
Wow. This is a mod I would not have thought of. I can't wait to see some pics with it on Hemi orange with the windows tinted. I may have to add it to my list!

501 Posts
We have our smoked set in stock and ready to roll! The exchange program will cost $200... I realize we could've done it cheaper, but we refuse to work with anything but high quality paint/clearcoat so that you never have to worry about the "smoking". They really do look incredible and the tint on them is spot-on!

·
Registered
16 Posts
So where are the orange car pics?
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/99400-post49.html

Just have to look through the whole thread....

As far as VHT's Niteshades, I have been using this stuff for over 15 years with no real issues. Patience pays off here, go to fast and you will get into trouble. I ran an 80 Z/28 for years with both the headlights and taillights tinted and never once got a ticket or a warning or anything from Leo's in my area. Again this is an area thing, same as front plates when required and so on.

My current ride is also tinted and again I have not had any issues with this and I have even been stopped for speed by a Trooper in a Charger who never mentioned it or the fact that my Tag's letters are painted body color....

Daytime shot

Night time shot with lights on, Paint on sides is so thinly applied that the side marker bulbs still shine through when lit.

Since I grew up using VHT and had great success with it I continue to use it and now I apply a clearcoat over it. Clear does a lot for the final product, as the first time I tinted my Chargers lights I got them too dark and i had to sand the clear and VHT down and start over...

Heres a shot of them sanded down before they were re-tinted and cleared for the final finish from above. The one thing that I see people doing/recommending is to sand the bare lens first to promote adhesion of the VHT or whatever is being used, I would not take this route as it will leave sand marks that won't be seen in the final finish but when the lights are applied it will show up.

For the Torred R/T owner who wanted to paint the plastic around the tails body color, I wouldn't because I think it would take away from the tinted tails. If you didn't tint the tails then maybe it would look ok and for other color owners the black surround helps you with tinting the tails and blending in with the rest of the car.

To others concerned about enforcement issues I can clearly see a way around this with these tails, but sorry I have to keep that to myself for now as I am about to tint a set of SRT Chally lenses next week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have our smoked set in stock and ready to roll! The exchange program will cost $200... I realize we could've done it cheaper, but we refuse to work with anything but high quality paint/clearcoat so that you never have to worry about the "smoking". They really do look incredible and the tint on them is spot-on!
Hi!

Are you still selling smoked tail lights for the Dodge Challenger?

Does the tail light have an appearance of being a deep glossy black with the "Dodge" lettering still in chrome?

What would the exchange program be for sending you my factory tail light -Perfect condition, ready for you to tint it and resell-.

Also, do you have the side marker light (front and rear) available for sale too?

Do you have an exchange program with that as well? Again, what would be the price I could get back selling you markers in excellent condition?

Thanks,

Mike Enrico

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,918 Posts
smoked tail lights on Black challengers look AMAZING..

I wonder how they would look on a red challenger?!! i never saw one..
amazing is how they would look :thumbsup: take it to a paint shop and have them do it and the side markers

·
Registered
304 Posts
I used VHT...but Ive been painting with spray cans since high school (building models and whatnot). Mine look just fine, lol. The key is not to just spray it on. Its all about preparation, proper coverage, and proper drying/coating. Finish it off with some Duplicolor clear coat and it looks awesome.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
I think smoked tails on every challenger looks great, but tungsten will probably be one of the better looking colors for some smoke.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Not usually a fan of smoked lights on a challenger but it looks good. Looks kind of weird when the lights are on during the day though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was reading through this thread and am thinking about blacking our my tail lights now. Here is what my tail end looks like now. Any red owners get it done yet? Hate to do it and end up not liking it.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I smoked the tail lights and the side markers on my challengers myself. I went to the local auto body paint shop and had them mix some black paint into clear coat paint. They put it in some spray cans and after taping off lights I scuffed them up with some scotchbrite pads. I gradually added coats of the clear until I had the color I wanted. It has held up great over the last 3 years.

Attachments

81 - 98 of 98 Posts