Registered
214 Posts
Awesome job...
Congrats!!!

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #422
Thank you everyone I have had some health issues heart problems back on Memorial Weekend 5 days in the hospital all fixed up and back to normal with some life changes.
But enough about me Sassy has been a joy for the most part she's been well received at all of the local events and gathering up hardware. I made it down to the Good Guys in Columbus Ohio (more to follow on this)

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #423
Good Guys Columbus Ohio June 6th & 7th

Got to take Sassy down to Columbus for Good Guys what a great event. I did drive the car down to the event maiden voyage for her running any type of distance approximately 250 miles. The drive down was a blast rolling around 75 to 80 mph, did get a few areas to stretch her legs and see what she had big grin couple of pulls in excess of 120 top speed 140 surprised me the suspension is solid and smooth.
Met up with my buddy and his gorgeous Chevelle Restomod. This was a great day none of the Mopars at the event got the love in Mighty Muscle but I spent most of the day talking with people and the compliments were over the top. MOPAR OR NO CAR!

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #424
Sassy has a problem

Well I did have a issue down in Columbus going to the show on day 2 on the ride over in the morning, getting onto the highway and going to let the girl eat... oops big cloud of smoke out the back end... tried again same result... I'm like WTF I'm watching the gauges and everything seems fine... I look at oil pressure normally this motor runs at 75 psi it's now at 50 psi roll into the event park the car do a quick visual inspection everything looks fine all connections good nothing leaking. After the car cooled down check the oil nice and clean, nothing out of the ordinary all good.

After the show car fires right up no issues oil pressure is still low compared to where it has been startup only at 60 psi but on the way back to the hotel never went up to 45 psi. I'm like damn something isn't right...

Sunday Morning I decide to head out early for home figure nice easy ride and little traffic. I made it home but the motor is hurt by the time I got home oil pressure was down to 15 psi and the top end has screaming for oil even the wife knew something was wrong.

To say I am upset is an understatement I called the company that built the motor for the previous owner... what a bunch off tools... they're like what you want us to do we did that 6 years ago my answer was yeah and I have like 2000 miles on it... guy says well pull it and bring it buy so we can refresh/rebuild going to be $4500.00 + parts Yeah Right up yours...

I knew I should of gone through the motor... hindsight is 20/20

Attachments

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #425
Time for the 408 Stroker Rebuild

Let's fast forward the past couple of months July was spent doing research and talking to engine shops all over the place as was the pricing and lead times. I ended up going with a good friend Billy Drakeford (we did the last work on my 09RT and no issues for the past 5 years. He has his business in Mitchell, Indiana he does engines and knows his stuff. After further discussions he tells me to bring the whole car don't touch anything.

We discussed what I am looking to do with the car and are going to make a few changes shooting for 500 rwhp and rwtq doable na with a 408 stroker, the heads are 1969 X-heads fully worked hopefully they weren't damaged, going to go with the complete Holley Sniper set-up new tank, to EFI, distributor, controller, self learning. Can also be custom tuned with the laptop. Changing out the Torque Converter a 3500 stall is way to high for a street application.

I was able to fire up the car no issues start up and pulling her onto the trailer. No nocking so that all good hoping it's not as bad as I fear. Dropped off on 8/22/18 Yes that's a 671 on the 300 he did the Cult Challenger

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Sorry to hear of your heart problems, I hope you are on the mend?

Engine too, what a drag :( Excuse for more power, but I'm sure you'd like to make the choice.

Take care, Bill

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I didn't read all 43 pages but man....that's a gorgeous Cuda. I remember back in the mid 80's you would find these cars in the local Auto-Trader in decent shape for like 2500 or so...now these things are priced way out of my reach. Beautiful car man..enjoy it!

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #429
Sorry for not keeping up with this thread and sharing what's been going on for the past 6 months. I did make it to the Good Guys show in Columbus and then I had to put her down because of a catastrophic engine failure... Everything is is always a work in progress with this girl and every step of the way she fights the changes and getting the right information from vendors is a PITA!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,919 Posts
Oh No! That sucks! After all your hard work :( I'm sorry to hear that

A Guy

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
Wow, that sucks, I hope you can get it back up and running without too much grief.

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #432
Oh No! That sucks! After all your hard work :( I'm sorry to hear that

A Guy
Wow, that sucks, I hope you can get it back up and running without too much grief.
No worries guys the biggest decision was do I put in a Modern Hemi or stay old school with EFI >:) Follow along and I'll continue the story.

·
Administrator
8,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #433
EFI Holley Sniper

I really wanted to do a full modern hemi in this car but that was out of the budget and seeing that the car was done it didn't make sense. So I did my homework and talked with all of the different manufactures. This process took me almost 1 month after weighing out pros and cons. I finally pulled the trigger on a complete Holley Sniper EFI System complete from tank to throttle body and everything in between. Self learning and also capable of fine tuning on the dyno and it will support 600 hp that was a big factor in my process. A little precey but going to be worth it.

Stay tuned for more updates... :nerd:

421 - 433 of 433 Posts